Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Eight Steps To Destroy America

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really thinking, too. The words "racist xenophobe." I guess I'm already brainwashed by the conspiracy, though, because I see that those are precisely the words that I've been conditioned to think when I read a stirring call to defend race and culture, just like this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Aaaaaanyway.

The historical analysis contained in this piece is just laughable. In fact, the great empires of history - Rome, Persia, Britain, the Caliphates, the Ottomans, Austria-Hungary, and so on - as an absolute necessity relied on the tolerance of cultural diversity, indirect rule, and the preservation of local language and tradition. The idea is to offer one's subjects nothing to gain and everything to lose by revolt. Mutually hostile ethnic groups traditionally don't start slaughtering one another in the streets until after imperial decline - see Tito's Yugoslavia.

In addition, I would humbly point out that the United States doesn't fall under the aegis of this Lipset cat's rules for societies, because the United States isn't any of the rest of those bullshit countries. America is not an arbitrary set of borders enclosing the home field of some random tribe. America is the greatest political idea to date in the history of man. We don't have people sitting and brooding over some [censored] Serbian battlefield from the fourteenth century, unless you're really creeped out by Civil War re-enactors. As real as racial tensions are in this country, we ain't got [censored] on much of the rest of the world.

I confess my own prejudice: I think people who worry seriously about the preservation of their own "race" and "culture" are perhaps the most fearful, hateful, gullible, and least useful people on earth, so I'll be skipping along the rest of this.

FYI: Greece beat the [censored] out of Persia. There was Thermopylae and Marathon and the fleet at Salamis and all that [censored]. It was touch and go for a while, but they got it done. That's the whole point. Their PWNAGE came much later. The OP's characterization of Greece as a nation is just absurd, anyway. No such consciousness existed, well, anywhere; large territories were unified only by the will of tyrants.

In closing, the "chilling narrative" style of this little gem is just perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are you?!?!?!

Good post.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
currently safe Colorado.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whafuck?

Anyways, this should be moved to politics ASAP.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really thinking, too. The words "racist xenophobe." I guess I'm already brainwashed by the conspiracy, though, because I see that those are precisely the words that I've been conditioned to think when I read a stirring call to defend race and culture, just like this one. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Aaaaaanyway.

The historical analysis contained in this piece is just laughable. In fact, the great empires of history - Rome, Persia, Britain, the Caliphates, the Ottomans, Austria-Hungary, and so on - as an absolute necessity relied on the tolerance of cultural diversity, indirect rule, and the preservation of local language and tradition. The idea is to offer one's subjects nothing to gain and everything to lose by revolt. Mutually hostile ethnic groups traditionally don't start slaughtering one another in the streets until after imperial decline - see Tito's Yugoslavia.

In addition, I would humbly point out that the United States doesn't fall under the aegis of this Lipset cat's rules for societies, because the United States isn't any of the rest of those bullshit countries. America is not an arbitrary set of borders enclosing the home field of some random tribe. America is the greatest political idea to date in the history of man. We don't have people sitting and brooding over some [censored] Serbian battlefield from the fourteenth century, unless you're really creeped out by Civil War re-enactors. As real as racial tensions are in this country, we ain't got [censored] on much of the rest of the world.

I confess my own prejudice: I think people who worry seriously about the preservation of their own "race" and "culture" are perhaps the most fearful, hateful, gullible, and least useful people on earth, so I'll be skipping along the rest of this.

FYI: Greece beat the [censored] out of Persia. There was Thermopylae and Marathon and the fleet at Salamis and all that [censored]. It was touch and go for a while, but they got it done. That's the whole point. Their PWNAGE came much later. The OP's characterization of Greece as a nation is just absurd, anyway. No such consciousness existed, well, anywhere; large territories were unified only by the will of tyrants.

In closing, the "chilling narrative" style of this little gem is just perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anacardo, in my view, you are agreeing with his speech? He is saying that, if you want into this country, you should be able to give up some aspect of "cultural preservation", ie learn english, our customs, and dont bitch if someone asks you to do something that is "different from your homeland customs".

This is my thoughts from this quote:
Old 09-12-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please, stop talking... seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I sincerely hope a bunch of illegal immigrants start making their way toward the currently safe Colorado. When your crime rate goes up and no one on your street speaks English, your tune will change. And don't give me some moral highground response either. They're criminals...they should be treated as such.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been around migrant workers all my life. I hate to break it to you, but they do the work that most American's won't even dream of doing. When was the last time you worked 14 hour days, 7 days a week working a field for minimum wage? I'm not an idiot on this issue and I know what I'm talking about. Not all illegal's are evil.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:48 PM

Youre grandparents didnt have to commit the crime. The US had open borders back then. So what incentive did they have to sneak in when they could do it LEGALLY?

Illegal immigrants, particularly the ones that come from Latin American countries, cross the border because of the tradition of US neo-colonialism in the region.

In short, If you enjoy American hegemony, then dont complain about illegal immigrants wanting to come/coming here.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please, stop talking... seriously

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I sincerely hope a bunch of illegal immigrants start making their way toward the currently safe Colorado. When your crime rate goes up and no one on your street speaks English, your tune will change. And don't give me some moral highground response either. They're criminals...they should be treated as such.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been around migrant workers all my life. I hate to break it to you, but they do the work that most American's won't even dream of doing. When was the last time you worked 14 hour days, 7 days a week working a field for minimum wage? I'm not an idiot on this issue and I know what I'm talking about. Not all illegal's are evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Working 7 days a week, 14 hours a day, is their price for not paying taxes, and being a parasite on our healthcare/education systems. Im sure most are good people, but obtain your citizenship.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:50 PM

Considering I am a native Canadian it is so obvious multiculturalism and diversity are destroying Canada I'm glad I'm gone from the belly of the beast!

edit: Whats his next step to clean up Mexifornia? Let's put them in camps...oh wait...

/end sarcasm
Old 09-12-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In short, If you enjoy American hegemony, then dont complain about illegal immigrants wanting to come/coming here.

[/ QUOTE ]

please use a little foresight when contemplating the *long-term* ramifications of rampant immagration (illegal or not...however in this case illegal is being used as the example) as opposed to just the short-term.

thanks,

OP
Old 09-12-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:
didn't read it, but I'm guessing it belongs in politics...

Yes. And China is bilingual.

China is bilingual. Some speak Manderin, while others speak Cantonese.

[/the more you know ///*]

[/ QUOTE ]

no
China is not bilingual. we speak Mandarin. only Cantonese speak Cantonese, and Canton is a city. Its just that Cantonese is more prevalent in America because back in the day Canton was the only port open to foreigners so most of the Chinese immigrants in America were Cantonese. but in China everyone speaks mandarin.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:55 PM

You still had to obtain citizenship, and pay taxes, etc. I can pull up the signature that my grandfather used to sign in at ellis island, and a bunch of other records used to declare citizenship to this country.