Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:58 PM

Default Re: I will bet you $1000 that...........

I gave you 4 minutes....

thank god for editing - maybe now your argument has merit. well, not really.

If I even gave a rat's ass, I'd say Delay will be convicted - then he will almost certainly be pardoned by GWB if that's the case -

so who gets paid when he gets a get out of jail free card?

RB
Old 10-21-2005, 12:07 AM

you shouldn't take this bet, stealyourface. Here's why.

let's say you are going to play at a private poker game. And when you get there you realize that there are several colluders/cheaters in the game working against you.

Your mentality right now seems to be is "well, let's play - I know they're lying and cheating bastards - let's see if my skill can take off the edge, because I AM better then them, after all, and I know what they're up to"

Your mentality should be "go to hell" and leave - when dealing with goddamn liars and cheats, the best thing one can do is tell them to go [censored] themselves - not try to beat them at their rules.

The Republican party has been caught with it's dick in the horse's ass - and they'll be doing everything they can to make this disappear - if they can rig the 2000 elections, they can get Delay off one way or the other - as well as all the important figures in all this stuff (this is a terrible time to be middle-level staff at the Whitehouse - they're picking scapegoats by lottery to take the fall for the big honchos)

If they were real people, then maybe they'd be convicted, but this is the rich elitist part of society - they don't do time like the rest of us - whoever said money can't by happiness wasn't a Republican, or at least he didn't have a good lawyer. He certainly didn't have the cronies that millions of dollars can buy you to get off the hook. However, Delay does.

you're thinking that Justice will prevail and you'll win the bet - but the goddamn liars and cheats in the white house won't allow that to happen. Plain and simple

I'd just say [censored] it, walk away, and rejoice at the 2006 midterms coming up - half these scandals will still be going on by then - LOL - it'll help out our party immensely.

One should never try to beat the liars and cheats at their own game - one should find a better game - plain and simple -

RB
Old 10-21-2005, 12:22 AM

Default Re: I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

[ QUOTE ]
*The Farm Bill.
*The Education Bill.
*The Highway Bill.
*Hurricane Katrina give away.
*Prescription Drug Bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really don't know what you are talking about. These are not things that the left wing supports.

I already mentioned Education, which is the closest to correct, so I won't discuss that.

The Farm Bill is a major corporate giveaway that the left does not support. It was supported or opposed along regional lines, not partisan lines. About half of democrats voted for it and half of republicans voted for it. As it turns out, most left-wing AND right-wing members of the House and Senate voted against it. For example, Tom DeLay opposed it and Jim McDermott opposed it.

The Highway Bill is emphatically NOT pandering to the left. The left is in favor of more mass transit, increased CAFE standards, NOT massive new spending on roads. The Highway Bill is PORK pure and simple and was supported on a massively bipartisan basis by the crooks who run Congress, who incidentially are mostly Republican.

Katrina - The left actually opposes Bush's throwing money at the problem for two major reasons. First, he is doing it in a way which rewards cronies like KBR, et cetera. Second, they are rebuilding New Orleans WITHOUT addressing the environmental and development issues which helped make New Orleans vulnerable in the first place. The left believes that issues like coastal erosion need to be addressed BEFORE rebuilding Katrina.

Rx Drug Bill -- In case you forgot, Democrats opposed the Rx Drug bill in both the House and in the Senate. Bush's version of the bill actually forbids medicare from negotiating with big pharma to get better prices and will be a major giveaway to Rx drug makers. Democrats and left-wingers would rather have nothing than what Bush has proposed. And in case you missed it, almost no seniors took advantage of the ability to enroll in the program early -- because the program sucks. Did you not see what the left did to AARP when AARP announced their support for Bush's chicanery?

You know, if you're going to characterize what the left supports, you should at least take some time out of your busy day to read what the left supports. Your assertions are incredibly poorly informed.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: I Have Officially Become 100% Disillusioned with Bush43

[ QUOTE ]
You know, if you're going to characterize what the left supports, you should at least take some time out of your busy day to read what the left supports. Your assertions are incredibly poorly informed.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but if he actually took the time to learn what he was talking about he wouldn't have any time left for posting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

q/q
Old 10-21-2005, 12:46 AM

Default OK, Looks Like I\'m Wrong

OK, Jedster, sounds like you're right. I never would have guessed that the Left opposes all those things, but if they do, well then you're right and I'm wrong. Simple as that. (Cyrus and ACPlayer, there is a hidden lesson here for you to draw on in the future;-)).

So, just out of curiosity, what COULD Bush do to pander to the Left a bit, seeing as how you said you wouldn't mind were he to so do?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:52 AM

Default THE BET IS ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After exchanging several PMs on terms I found a liberal poster who has agreed to the $1000 bet.

I will win $1000 if one of the following happens:
1. The Ronnie Earle indictments get dropped and DeLay never goes to trial.
2. A trial a occurs and Delay gets acquited on BOTH counts.

I lose a $1000 if:
*DeLay get convicted on EITHER the conspiracy or the Money Laundering charge.

Any other scenario not covered by these terms is a push.

I'm glad there is at least one liberal poster on this forum with a SET OF BALLS to match his mouth. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Re: OK, Looks Like I\'m Wrong

[ QUOTE ]
OK, Jedster, sounds like you're right. I never would have guessed that the Left opposes all those things, but if they do, well then you're right and I'm wrong. Simple as that. (Cyrus and ACPlayer, there is a hidden lesson here for you to draw on in the future;-)).

So, just out of curiosity, what COULD Bush do to pander to the Left a bit, seeing as how you said you wouldn't mind were he to so do?

[/ QUOTE ]

He could embrace an energy policy to wean us from our dependence on oil and foreign energy sources. Although I'm one of the few liberals who am not totally opposed to drilling in ANWR, ANWR alone won't get us that much. We need to look at creative solutions like liquid coal technology supported by Gov Schweitzer in Montona. At a minimum, Bush should support McCain's efforts on CAFE (auto fuel efficiency). I'd definitely support drilling in ANWR as a part of an overall plan, but I suspect that people would eventually say it's not worth drilling in ANWR because we'll get more benefits from other aspects of the policy, including increased extraction from Canada.

That's just one example.

Note that I do believe Bush is pandering with the examples you gave, just not to the left.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:24 AM

Thanks for confirming what we all already knew. Even liberals know that the DeLay indictments are phony to the core and will never come to anything in a court of law.

You are triangulating like Clinton to justify your inevitable loss on this one. Fun to watch. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:25 AM

How about a bet on Rove/Libby. No indictments you win $1k. Two indictments I win $1k. One indictment the bet is off. The indictments must be for crimes related to Plame-gate as defined by Patrick Fitzgerald or some other prosecutor and the horizon is whenever the statute of limitations runs out for such crimes.
I can't make that bet because I know nothing about the honesty of the DA investigating that case.

Indictments are a dime-a-dozen espcially for a publicity seeking DAs with no scuples. I know for a fact Ronnie Earle is a scumbag in the 1st degree hence the reason for my bet. I know nothing about the DA behind the Valerie Plame case. If he is an unscrupulous publicity hound, then the innocence of Karl Rove won't make a difference. He will indict hoping to launch his political career or hawk his future book on how he indicted Karl Rove.

My personal opinion is that no crime was committed. Valerie Plame was not a covert spy and she and her hubby Joe Wilson made no attempts to hide the fact she worked for the CIA. If anyome deserves to be indicted, it is Joe Wilson for citing his CIA wife on his OWN website...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:29 AM

Felix is right. Indictments mean nothing and are easy to get. Only convictions matter.

On a side note, Fitzgerald would show real class if he only indicted based on real crimes. If he indicts to justify the time and money he has spent on the investigation, then he will have shown that he is just a publicity hound bowing to media pressure.

Deciding on no indictments would be a breath of fresh air here, since obviously no one deliberately broke any laws here. Does Fitzgerald have true character? We shall see.