Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: $10-25 NL - two pair facing a lot of resistance

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I had bottom set..... i'd...... i don't know what i'd do i'd probably muck it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is unspeakably bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is that? Aren't you supposed to play suited connectors and small pairs just so you can muck them when you hit your flop?
Old 09-08-2005, 11:42 PM

thinking about this hand I have to admit I made a mistake in saying that your opp had a set of 3's, its just the other day i played a similar hand like this and I was shown a set, but the action was a little different.

My opponnent bet out and i reraised, he did not push all in, he instead made another reraise.

Had this opp. made another small reraise or a reraise which was not all in, then i think you can make a case for folding, but this opponnent shoved all his chips in which screams out, go away.

Do you guys sometimes fold these hands anyway since if they are on big draws then you're kind of a small favorite to win?

Your hand is pretty much locked, meaning you don't have much room for improvement so why take a chance.... just my two cents.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:21 AM

The villain is utg with 4 players to act behind him. he makes about a pot sized bet. Why would he bet out his set like this? With 4 players to act, wouldn't he probably go for a check raise?
Are aces or kings out of the question? You could very well be raising with k9,a9, or pocket 10s and now he feels like he's trapped you with his slowplayed aces or kings.

The big draw also seems as realistic. He is getting all of the money in there and he knows that most decent players will lay down a9 or pocket 10s versus a raise that big. And the times you do call he has an ok shot to win. Good fold equity on his part.
As tricky of a player he is, I would lay down up to pocket aces seeing as how a tricky player like this might even be playing a garbagey hand like 73 for small 2 pair.

Because of the low chance that he would play a set like this (and he would probably minraise your reraise too, not go all in) I would call and hope to see 73 or a big overpair. But it still feels like a draw.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Results

Right, but the only way you're going to get any more money out of him is to give him a chance to bluff at it. If you flop the top full house, and you have an obviously aggressive person to act behind you, check and let him bet the hand for you. You know you have him crippled.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:13 AM

I'm with you Mikey.