Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Football Futures

You've got to like Atlanta and the over. The division is weak, and they play horrible San Fran, Detroit and San Diego in the first half. Horrible NY Giants on the road. Oakland will have imploded by December when they have them at home. Lose one at home and win 3 on the road and there's your 10.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not a big sports bettor, but a pretty big sports.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops, that's supposed to be "pretty big sports fan". I'm sure that didn't inspire too much confidence in those picks. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1.I don't like the T.O.-Mcnabb connection is a good fit. Owens is great at YAC, but has poor hands. McNabb has great legs and arm strength but is not accurate. Put a not accurate QB with a poor hands WR and you get a ton of dropped/missed passes.

2.They lost their 2 starting CBs. They added an overpriced and overrated Kearse. Not good at all. They were only somewhere around the 20th ranked defense last year. This year, they should be pretty poor.

3.They lost their starting RB. Count me as one who is not yet sold on Buckhalter or Westbrook.

4.Everyone in their division got a lot better from last year. Much, much tougher division this year. Part of the reason taht the Eagles have been so good in recent years is that they beat up on a weak division. Not this year imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the Eagles are a crapshoot, I wouldn't feel confident betting on them either way. I'm more inclined to bet against though for the reasons above, but the Eagles under Andy Reid tend to do well in the regular season and build everyone's hopes up, then come crashing down in the playoffs. I really do think he's a good coach, and can make them play better then their personnel. However, I'm not convinced that their additions were enough, or worth the subtractions they had to make. I simply don't know, there's too many variables with this team, personally I wouldn't place a bet on them at all, just make some popcorn and watch.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:13 PM

Sure money:

Vikings over 8.5

Lions over 6.5

Dolphins under 8