Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: I just talked to my Party contact

Food for thought:

Did Party management just wake up one day and decide they would separate from the skins? Did they just rush into implementing it, and--oops--they just forgot to think about how this would affect affiliates and rakeback? I have no inside knowledge or vested interest, but I cannot believe that is what happened.

My guess is that Party has decided to wait out all the rakeback players and affiliates. They figure that all the pros can only quit playing on Party for so long (1 week, 2 weeks?) before they are forced to sign up for an account directly or through an existing affiliate. Then, if the sign-up is through an affiliate offering rakeback, Party can terminate the affiliate for violation of their agreement and take the account for themselves.

I am sure Party will offer some kind of player incentives eventually, because they need to complete with all the other sites. But it is prudent business strategy on their part to take their time about it, because time only works to their advantage.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the player base is the only reason to be at Party. I agree with everyting you say about Stars, love the software, tourneys, like hte FPP point program. But that "top notch" player base makes it less profitable for the multi table grinders out there...

[/ QUOTE ]

The software sucks. You have to join each tables waitlist individually and sometimes the buttons don't work.

Stu
Old 10-10-2005, 11:16 PM

Party can say all they want in public about being against rakeback, but the fact is they turned back on individual trackers for some affiliates. if thats not an endorsement, then what is?
Old 10-10-2005, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do they only offer it to those who did not sign up through an affiliate? Because otherwise you could do both.

[/ QUOTE ]
They can prevent it by subtracting the "bonus" from MGR.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not as simple as that. Suppose you get 25% rakeback from an affiliate and Party also gives you 25% of your rake as a bonus. If Party subtracts the bonus from MGR, your MGR will still be 75% of your total rake. You will now receive 25% of your rake from Party plus 25% * 75% = 18.75% from your affiliate. You get back 43.75% of your total rake.

I'm sure that's more than Party wants to pay, regardless of whether the affiliate keeps his share or gives it to the player.

Any rational rakeback plan must come out of the affiliate's pocket. They cannot pay the full amount to both the player and the affiliate.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:40 PM

Party can say all they want in public about being against rakeback, but the fact is they turned back on individual trackers for some affiliates.

I was talking to an affiliate manager on the phone. He wasn't writing a press release.

My individual trackers are visible on my affiliate account. That does not mean they endorse rakeback. There are many other reasons that affiliates need to see individual tracker stats aside from rakeback.

Cup
Old 10-10-2005, 11:42 PM

a few of the affiliates that advertise on this site are advertising party rb, including the one i use. i just dont get it, i want to know the truth str8 from the horses mouth...
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My individual trackers are visible on my affiliate account. That does not mean they endorse rakeback. There are many other reasons that affiliates need to see individual tracker stats aside from rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

this may be so, but it just seems too coincidental for them to simultaneous turn these trackers back on when they know a lot of players are migrating back.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:09 AM

I guess this boils down to if you guys get paid at the end of the month or not, huh.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:12 AM

What I don't get is how if i'm just another affiliate but I decide on my own that I want to offer my players rakeback under the table on my own.. out of my own pocket, how party poker even knows im doing this. Like taking a % of the rakeback my customers are generating me and just give it back to them...through pay pal or something, how party poker knows im doing this. If I have a friend for example whose an affiliate and I sign up through him, and he pays me in cash next time I see him in person.. how does party know i'm getting rakeback. If it's by the simple fact that someone is using an individual tracker... well what about those affiliates who never lost access to individual tracking, couldn't they still offer rakeback? If so, why would party allow them to have trackers and offer rakeback but not other affiliates?

Obviously the ones who are advertising publicly about rakeback will get shut down, but im talking about the ones who do it privately with their customers/players. Is it the more individual trackers you are running the more obvious it is you are giving out rakeback and they shut you down? Also confused as to how some affiliatse are offering such high %s while othesr are saying the max possible is 25.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 AM

Why did you guys delete Stoxtrader's post?

He was finally bringing some actual information to this thread....