Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Default Re: selling PT databases?

[ QUOTE ]
I think this database would be worth far more than $500 to your regular opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

you may be right, but im willing to take that chance

you have the pricing wrong also, but im not going to post it, PM me if you want info.
Old 11-06-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll sell my PT DB to anyone for the huge discount of 50% off my hourly rate, its around 100k hands of limit holdem from like april of this year. Limits 50/100 and higher. I would be pleasantly surpised if anyone is willing to pay the asking price.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh, you should have just made this the first post rather than the cover up post first.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I'm just wondering which goal is more important a) selling his tracker or b) being able to have an excuse to mention his hourly rate

[/ QUOTE ]

if the moderator is wondering why i reported the thread it's because it's spam. pay for advertising if you want this public.

[/ QUOTE ]

why was this unlocked?
Old 11-06-2005, 10:22 AM

cause if you actually thought about it and posted something intelligent, this could be a good thread.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:28 PM

Anyone else think that 100K hands isn't really a true measure of your hourly rate? A lot of people in this forum can probably put 100K hands in about 2 or 3 months. If the majority of db is shorthanded (which I'm assuming it is at limits 150/300 - 300/600) then you can probably put that many hands in sooner.

If you're selling your db, how is a few months worth of HHs be an accurate guage of your WR? No doubt stox is one of the best players out there but many players have months where they ran hot and go on a downswing others. Selling a db with only 100K hands for 50% of what you say is your hourly rate is silly.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:58 PM

I likely have run hot this year. Here's hoping for half my expectation next year.

KKF is selling a 200k DB for 100% of his hourly rate, is that also overpriced then? You inquired privately about it and publicly posted the incorrect pricing pete. the price is 33% of the hourly rate for the DB. Yes there are sample size issues.

also I dont think i ever said "my winrate" I said the winrate for the DB, but the start of this thread had a different thrust anyways and it took a turn I wasnt hoping for.

how would you go about pricing something like this? what variables would increase or decrease the price? What makes it a valuable teaching tool?
Old 11-06-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cause if you actually thought about it and posted something intelligent, this could be a good thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

HI. I'M WONDERING WHAT PERCENTAGE PEOPLE THINK IS A FAIR AMOUNT FOR AFFILIATES TO KEEP WHEN GIVING RAKE BACK BECAUSE I CURRENTLY ONLY KEEP 3% WHICH IS LESS THAN XYZ OVER THERE. IS THIS FAIR? HOW DO I GO ABOUT DECIDING THIS? HOW DO I WORK OUT THE VALUE OF WHAT I DO?

Roll on the intelligent discussion!
Old 11-06-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I likely have run hot this year. Here's hoping for half my expectation next year.

KKF is selling a 200k DB for 100% of his hourly rate, is that also overpriced then? You inquired privately about it and publicly posted the incorrect pricing pete. the price is 33% of the hourly rate for the DB. Yes there are sample size issues.

also I dont think i ever said "my winrate" I said the winrate for the DB, but the start of this thread had a different thrust anyways and it took a turn I wasnt hoping for.

how would you go about pricing something like this? what variables would increase or decrease the price? What makes it a valuable teaching tool?

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for posting the incorrect pricing percentage. I contacted you earlier because any learning tool that I could get my hands on would be of benefit to me. I have no doubts about your skill level nor do I think the DB is overpriced as I have no problems with the money. My issue is the sample size.

So you had a few great months, what about the rest of the year? A valuable learning tool to me would be a more accurate database where you maintain this WR for many more hands. To me it looks like you took a snapshot of the last 100K hands where you did well and decided hmmm...I won $1k/100 during that 100K hands so my DB is worth 33%. I do not know what KKF's WR is nor do I care. Nonetheless his DB is at least twice the size of yours and to me that indicates a more accurate picture.

As it is right now I fail to see the value in it, sorry. I don't know what your intentions are for posting this thread but if you're serious about coaching maybe what Dane S said earlier had some merit. A video with hud stats on players would probably be a better idea.
Old 11-06-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies for posting the incorrect pricing percentage. I contacted you earlier because any learning tool that I could get my hands on would be of benefit to me. I have no doubts about your skill level nor do I think the DB is overpriced as I have no problems with the money. My issue is the sample size.

So you had a few great months, what about the rest of the year? A valuable learning tool to me would be a more accurate database where you maintain this WR for many more hands. To me it looks like you took a snapshot of the last 100K hands where you did well and decided hmmm...I won $1k/100 during that 100K hands so my DB is worth 33%. I do not know what KKF's WR is nor do I care. Nonetheless his DB is at least twice the size of yours and to me that indicates a more accurate picture.

As it is right now I fail to see the value in it, sorry. I don't know what your intentions are for posting this thread but if you're serious about coaching maybe what Dane S said earlier had some merit. A video with hud stats on players would probably be a better idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox doesn't use a HUD for the players he plays with on a regular basis. Gametime is all thats available.

Barron
Old 11-06-2005, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox doesn't use a HUD for the players he plays with on a regular basis. Gametime is all thats available.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I see, thank you. Then like I said earlier, a larger sample size DB is probably a good idea.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't some gigantic money making scheme. If you are interested in these limits and more specifically some of the players, it's probably worth it. I agree this thread sucks, but only because of the responses.