Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Chaos in New Orleans

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I STILL don't think people deserve to be murdered for looting.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is not murder. It's not unlawful and its not done with premeditated malice.

[ QUOTE ]
Again, thank god (or whoever) people like you don't have any real power. If you did, this country would no longer need a constitution or laws. If someone gets out of line, just kill them!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is almost as ignorant as something Cyrus would write. The Constitution is torn apart everyday by our Liberal politicians. They stop at nothing to destroy everything it stands for. It's not about killing people for dissent either, its about stopping people from committing horrible crimes.

The Constitution was the framework for our government. It's goal was to LIMIT the power of the Federal Government. The writers of the Constitution feared tyranny. All the Liberals want is more Federal power. They WANT a tyranny, under the guise of equality.

A Liberals idea of equality is making everyone equally miserable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You wouldn't agree that some of the principles put on this document in the 1780's are a little arcane nowadays? I don't want government involved in every aspect of our lives, and you can't think most liberals actually do. Sometimes, as twisted as it is, only the government has the resources and knowhow to solve certain problems. If the constitution were never interpreted liberally in 200+ years, I wonder if we'd have made it this far as a nation.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... but his bloodlust is blinding him here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No bloodlust. I believe shoot-on-sight should be a stated policy. To make the policy work, you need to be willing to carry it out. No reasonable person would expect an officer to shoot before asking an offender to halt -- and no reasonable looter would not jhalt if he believed the officer would shoot. It's simply publicly declaring that the city will not put up with the crap we're seeing now. Eventually, I believe, they will make this policy.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:11 PM

>> But don't ever act as if you know my life or who I am. <<

LOL - your highly charged emotional responses tell me everything I need to know about who you are.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
>> But don't ever act as if you know my life or who I am. <<

LOL - your highly charged emotional responses tell me everything I need to know about who you are.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your transparent attempts to discredit me and ignore the real issues tells me all I need to know about who you are

Well, it doesn't tell me everything about you, but it does tell me that you aren't really worth more of my valuable thought. One thing it doesn't tell me about is your "life- experiences."

I would never be foolish enough to claim that I knew what someone's entire life was like after reading a few posts of theirs on a message board.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I emotional about people advocating more violence which won't solve anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Violence frequently solves problems. All acts are not morally equivalent. There is a difference between murder and homicide -- it's known as intent.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I emotional about people advocating more violence which won't solve anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Violence frequently solves problems. All acts are not morally equivalent. There is a difference between murder and homicide -- it's known as intent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you using murder as a verb or a noun? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Murder: To kill brutally or inhumanly.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the definiton I have been using.
If it's not the same as yours, that's just the way it goes.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You wouldn't agree that some of the principles put on this document in the 1780's are a little arcane nowadays?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only things I can think of are the fact that Senators are not popularly elected, equal rights are not gauranteed to everyone regardless of race/sex, slavery is not outlawed... That's all I can think of right now.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want government involved in every aspect of our lives, and you can't think most liberals actually do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most liberal citizens probably don't. I cannot say the same about most liberal politicians.

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, as twisted as it is, only the government has the resources and knowhow to solve certain problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and they are granted the power in the Constitution to deal with just about every one of those problems. However, they have REALLY overstepped their bounds.

[ QUOTE ]
If the constitution were never interpreted liberally in 200+ years, I wonder if we'd have made it this far as a nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we would have made it farther.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:19 PM

mur·der (mūrdr)
n.
The unlawful killing of one human by another, especially with premeditated malice. Dictionary.com
Old 09-01-2005, 05:21 PM

>>And your transparent attempts to discredit me and ignore the real issues tells me all I need to know about who you are <<

I haven't discredited you. I merely pointed out that you have discredited your 'analysis' by your highly emotional responses.

Of course, I am not ducking any issue. In this thread (and in earlier threads before the reports of widespread violence in NO emerged) I merely pointed out that by failing to curb mass looting - with use of deadly force if necessary - then the violence was destined to escalate into mass chaos, anarchy and an orgy of rape and murder would ensue.

Factually, my analysis was dead on insofar as it was borne out by subsequent events in NO. This is beyond dispute to any objective, rational observer.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is beyond dispute to any objective, rational observer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again with the discrediting.

"Anyone who doesn't agree with what I said is wrong because of their own inability to be objective or rational."

That's right, I see through you as if you were the glass on my front door.