Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Now I know what its like to play against me

by complete bluff we're talking total air here. You mean to say that you'd cr here with 56 of hearts? I wasnt playing THAT fast. Sure lots of semibluffing hands will cr, as will some worse made hands like A9, but complete air just doesnt happen all that often.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If we call and he bets and then we push we've got some folding equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean check and push a turn bet. The obvious problem with that is that there are a large number of very scary turn cards. My contention is that if we *know* he's checkraising us here for what is effectively our stacks, then I think that we are well ahead of his range and I don't mind playing this like the nuts. And if he folds, then that's fine too. I just think that there are too many bad turn cards that I would rather not see.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:23 PM

he's aggresive not crazy. we don't know he's cring us. he isnt cring us with any 2. he is much more likely to cr with a draw than check call though. It was difficult for me to tell how out of line he had been getting (if at all) because his aggression had been paying off and he hadnt had to show down any hands.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you mean check and push a turn bet. The obvious problem with that is that there are a large number of very scary turn cards. My contention is that if we *know* he's checkraising us here for what is effectively our stacks, then I think that we are well ahead of his range and I don't mind playing this like the nuts. And if he folds, then that's fine too. I just think that there are too many bad turn cards that I would rather not see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-19-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may make a weak lead on the turn so I can get in the last raise, or just fold to his turn raise if I don't like the way it feels.

[/ QUOTE ] How about a weak lead on the flop? If he CR it shouldn't be a push. Then come over the top/ call or fold depending on how it feels.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's aggresive not crazy. we don't know he's cring us. he isnt cring us with any 2. he is much more likely to cr with a draw than check call though. It was difficult for me to tell how out of line he had been getting (if at all) because his aggression had been paying off and he hadnt had to show down any hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then I would definitely bet the flop and try to end it there. If you are not sure he is c'raising then why not lead the flop and win this a good percentage of the time right there.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about a weak lead on the flop? If he CR it shouldn't be a push. Then come over the top/ call or fold depending on how it feels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm liking getting involved more on the flop the more I think about this and read others' thoughts.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 10-19-2005, 03:39 PM

I don't understand a lot of the posts.

An aggressive BB calls 1200 into a 3k pot.

Isn't his range huge?

If he is aggressive and that is why you check the flop, are you checking because you have given up on the hand?

If not, why check? It seems your problem would be more difficult if he leads the turn.

-SC
Old 10-19-2005, 03:42 PM

The idea behind checking the flop is to structure the betting so we are the ones putting in the last raise. Thats because typical pretty good aggressive players are more than willing to raise light, but much less willing to make thin calls.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:44 PM

So, not to be results-oriented here, but i'm curious now - how did this hand play out?