Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Eddie Guerrero Dead

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he'll come back to life to take Rey Mysterio with him.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a douchebag.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:41 PM

I had no idea there were this many pro wrestling fans here. While I can't get into the storylines any more, I still get jazzed up for well-performed matches, and Guerrero's were always top notch. This is the first wrestler death that I've felt anything over at all. It's easily the most surprising one to hear of, and even more surprising that I heard it here first. I'm becoming convinced that this is an even more devastating profession to be in than pro football.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:42 PM

I am not as knowledgeable about wrestling history as some on this board. I watched it on saturday mornings as a kid during a period shortly after Hulkamania was at it's heights. And then In highschool for the period shortly before and leading up to the WWF/WCW merger.

That said, my main experience with EG is when he came over to WWF with Benoit and Milenko and some other guy. I liked him, he was amusing, but there was nothing compelling about him. He was obviously never a contender with the likes of Austin, Rock or HHH, Foley, etc. My point is, he was never even one of the best during his prime years, so to call him one of the best of all time is outlandish.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That said, my main experience with EG is when he came over to WWF with Benoit and Milenko and some other guy. I liked him, he was amusing, but there was nothing compelling about him. He was obviously never a contender with the likes of Austin, Rock or HHH, Foley, etc. My point is, he was never even one of the best during his prime years, so to call him one of the best of all time is outlandish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that, when focusing entirely on character and popularity of character, he is not one of the best of all time. However, as a performer with actual ring skill, he is inarguably one of the best of all time. I think this is what people were trying to say.

It's one of the catch-22's of the wrestling profession - they want to push those with mic skills, but it's rare to find somebody with mic skills who also has ring skills. This is why, just a couple years ago, it was surprising to see both Benoit and Guerrero pushed as champions simultaneously. I saw it as a short-lived victory for those who pay attention to ring skill and ignore all the BS that surrounds this industry.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:55 PM

I am much more attracted to character and outlandish antics when I watch wrestling. When I want to watch ring skills, I watch UFC. I think this helps explain my views on EG.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One of the best of all time,

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, isn't this a bit of a stretch.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think this is a stretch at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Name the top 5 off all time. EG is not on that list.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are many legends who would not make a top 5 list. Eddie is a legend. He has come close to making the observer HoF(which is the only legit pro wrestling HoF) recently, and Meltzer said that if eddie is able to hold the belt for another decent run, that he'd be a shoo-in in the next 3 years. Which makes things even sadder, as due to Batista's injury, it looks like Eddie was gonna get the belt tonight in a three way with Orton and Batista.

Eddie made the best out of whatever crap they gave him, and he made it gold. Look at the great promos he did with teh LWO in WCW, look at how big the Radicals invasion was in the WWF. The 5 man radicals match on smackdown was the highest rated ever single match for smackdown, it pulled around an 8. He carried jobbers and god awful wrestlers to great matches. Just look at how well he did with JBL. I'm not even gonna get into how amazing his matches were in japan as black tiger, and the Dean vs Eddie series in ECW

You obviously aren't that much of a wrestling fan, so please try to stay out of this as this is a very sad time for any true wrestling fan
Old 11-13-2005, 03:59 PM

RIP Latino Heeeeat
Old 11-13-2005, 03:59 PM

Wrestling is fake - maybe this is too.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the wrestling fans here aren't smarks and their wrestling knowledge doesn't much extend past 1995.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am, and obviously, I don't post at this site to talk wrestling, I go to DVD for that, and I order the wrestling observer and have for the past 4 1/2 years. It'd be silly for someone like me to come to this board to talk about wrestling(well, actually, sometimes its silly to go to dvd, as some of the people there don't seem to know much about wrestling either)
Old 11-13-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrestling is fake - maybe this is too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] off jackass