Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: Did the US army use \"chemical weapons\" during Fallujah assault?

Sorry, we have no information on baseless rumors and shameless lies put out by anti-american websites.

(P.S. if you think that was overly sarcastic, that's what you get for introducing rumours/lies via asking a question about them when you could simply have googled for an answer if you were sincere.)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:16 PM

So have you made up your mind?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, we have no information on baseless rumors and shameless lies put out by anti-american websites.

(P.S. if you think that was overly sarcastic, that's what you get for introducing rumours/lies via asking a question about them when you could simply have googled for an answer if you were sincere.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Your suspicions are wrong, it was not an anti-american website; and I had no snide motives. I had forgotten about the details in the Kurd attacks and have not looked into this recent matter so much, so I posted to get an answer from someone who knew more.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your suspicions are wrong, it was not an anti-american website; and I had no snide motives. I had forgotten about the details in the Kurd attacks and have not looked into this recent matter so much, so I posted to get an answer from someone who knew more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saddam used nerve and mustard gas on the Kurds.

No way in hell the U.S. has used these in Iraq.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saddam used nerve and mustard gas on the Kurds.

No way in hell the U.S. has used these in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it does not seem credible.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: Ignorance is Bliss

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When I was in the Army we used Willy Pete (White Phosphorous). I don't think you know what you’re talking about. We weren't suppose to use it as an anti-personnel weapon but we could use it to mark a target (e.i. Planes drop you bombs here). If a crew was TOO accurate in marking their target, then the enemy trapped in Will Pete Cloud would be BBQ (think Napalm in a white cloud).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the correct explanation and canis and any who agree with him are full of crap if they can't prove it was intentionally used as an anti-personnel device. I've seen WP used on the firing range and in exercises many times and would hate to be hit with it. But how much better off are you going to be if you are "only" hit with a 105 shell in the open or in a tank by a flachette round? If you call this a chemical weapon then you would also call a flare gun shell one as well. If you want to criicize our reasons for being in Iraq that is fine, but using these types of arguements is moronic.

[/ QUOTE ]

WP is even on its way out as a marking device. Im a qualified Forward Air Controller so I am pretty familiar with the stuff, and everything that Felix and you said is correct. I do enjoy watching the idiots falling all over themselves over the American use of "chemical weapons."
Old 11-09-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Most of the Liberal Loons on This Forum Do NOT..........

.......know which end of a gun a bullet comes out of.
YET, they try to act like they are experts on Willy Pete....
When I hear them spout their BS, it just lets me know they are BSing on other subjects as well.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:15 AM

Admission that the US army used white phosphorus as an incendary weapon against enemy combatants. Note that this had been denied previously.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:34 AM

Still doesn't make it a chemical weapon. Read above closely. At worst it can only be a use of a weapon prohibited for use against personnel.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:15 AM

Obviously I agree with this, technically it cannot be called a chemical weapon. I should have taken more care with the title of the post, although I was just quoting the (somewhat inflammatory) headline of the source. However what we call it is not actually the issue here.

The real issue here is that use of this as a weapon is prohibited by most major governments because it causes hideous injury, as you would see if you watched the Italian documentary.

It also doesn't change the fact that it's use was denied initally and only admitted when the evidence leaked out.