Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: How do you tell your Best Friend his G/F Sucks!

[ QUOTE ]
...someone sounds jealous

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought when I read this part
[ QUOTE ]
He is 26, she is 18.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He confirms that whenever we talk through AIM she reads our IM's and listens to our conversations on the phone.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is totally inexcusable. do your friend a favor and shank that bitch tyree-style.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:46 PM

SIIHP
Old 07-19-2005, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's best to focus on what a douche he is acting like than your personal distaste for her. Try convincing him to stand up for himself a bit. Maybe that will lead to him figuring everything out for himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice. Don't go directly after the GF.

Address his behaviour.

Maybe mail him the movie fatal attraction and/or a book on unhealthy relationships.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's best to focus on what a douche he is acting like than your personal distaste for her. Try convincing him to stand up for himself a bit. Maybe that will lead to him figuring everything out for himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will definitely be part of our conversation. It's not that I hate her, she can be pretty nice, but what she puts my friend through is crazy. But he is to blame for putting up with it. So good idea to make it more about what is HE doing rather that what is SHE doing.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...someone sounds jealous

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought when I read this part
[ QUOTE ]
He is 26, she is 18.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Believe me I don't envy the immaturity and inability to go into clubs and bars with my g/f. I mean my g/f is 18 has a nice ring to it, but is it all that?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:56 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tell him what you think. That's all you can do. Don't press the issue, just let him know what you think and then let him make whatever decision he wants to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much what I intend on doing. I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or even get him to dump her. I just want him to wake up and see what's goin on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, you're criticizing someone who is making him happy. As sick as it looks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure about this one. I know he misses playing poker, cause he told me. Whenever he visits he always makes sure my G/F is there to keep her off his back..as he puts it. I do get what ur saying though. I'm not gonna ambush him and "go off".. It will be tame and calm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, the pussy is a powerful thing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. If he's already using the 'L' word that soon...

But it may also go over better than you think. Wouldn't you like to be in 'that' minority. lol

b
Old 07-19-2005, 02:58 PM

sux man, i've seen this happen and it's so tragic. long story short..same story, buddy stopped rolling with us, stopped calling, stopped returning calls....

a couple of years later he is SNEAKING phone calls, going behind her back to call his mom, blah blah blah. she "made him" quit his current college program so she could move away to another province to go to school, so he could work and provide while she went to school...that worked out really nice!

so buddy ditched every one of his friends, quit school, moved, worked and provided for her, now they are back "home" and things are even worse.

hope this works out for you bro, unfortunately the phrase "bro's before ho's" does not apply anymore...not sure it ever did! haha

my advice, share with him your opinion with him and tell him what you see. obviously he will get mad and upset, but try to be calm and patient. not much you can do, as clooney says in south park the movie, "the rest is in god's hands" or w/e
Old 07-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Explain that you fun level going down, has made a dramatic increase in the amount of whacking off you are doing....
Old 07-19-2005, 03:07 PM

He isn't going to listen you telling him anything. You need to get him to realize that she isn't what he wants. How about trying this ...

Cancel the vacation. Tell him you thought that this was going to be a poker vacation because that's what you guys like doing, rather than it turning into a hang out with the girls like it always is when you're not on vacation. Tell him to go ahead and have good time, you just don't want to blow your vacation days on just a weekend of hanging out with the girls.

now whenever he wants to do something, and she's tagging along like always, come up with an excuse. It's gotta be legitimate. Then when you do something with just him, drop some line about having a blast like the good old days before you both had staedy girlfriends. Make sure you tell your girlfriend you're doing this, so that you don't get in trouble.

Eventually he'll dump her. No one can stand being near any one person 24 hours a day. When you go as a group it doesn't give them enough time alone for him to get sick of her. He's gotta make the decision, not you telling him what to do.

Hard to do, but that's just another option to try.