Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: Whats a Good Sidedish with Baked Salmon?

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks this sounds like something I can do. The rice should be easy since I'm asian.

The risotto and portebello mushrooms on the other hand...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for the risotto so much because the gf did that while I did the salmon and mushroom, but the portobello was as easy as the asparagus you responded too.

Chop up parsley and garlic, destem and mushroom and turn it upside down, top with garlic/parsley mixture, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt and pepper, bake 20 minutes. Delicious.

Oh, and for the record, the salmon was simply soaked (marinated?) in a water/paprika/worcestershire sauce combo, coated with flour and pan-fried. Sauted some red onions to add a little flavor. Turned out delicious.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
gf is watching iron chef america right now and the theme ingredient is wild salmon. asparagus and fingerling potatoes have already been used. i nailed it on the potatoes, huh?

[/ QUOTE ]

asparagus and fingerling potatoes are relatively standard sides out here for salmon. and pretty money, as salmon sides go. i probably give the edge to asparagus and mashed potatoes, though.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:13 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

yeah but i'm from missouri. i've been to ohio once, chicago three times, vegas once, indianapolis once, and scottsdale twice. that is my sum travel experience, and almost all of those were mandated events, so i get a bonus for being so worldly without leaving the midwest. recognize.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah but i'm from missouri. i've been to ohio once, chicago three times, vegas once, indianapolis once, and scottsdale twice. that is my sum travel experience, and almost all of those were mandated events, so i get a bonus for being so worldly without leaving the midwest. recognize.

[/ QUOTE ]

recognized.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:48 PM

since we're getting to the season, mashed sweet potatoes.
or horseradish mashed potatoes.
spinach makes a nice side.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I'd expected you had travelled more. You really should man. Put some of that knowledge to practice.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, was that you who went into detail about the frozen custard shops? Thought that was STLantny, and he shouldn't have been banned for that thread alone. But if it was you, then [censored] him. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(I kid, I kid... dunno what he did to get [censored])
Old 11-08-2005, 12:47 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

yes, it was me with the frozen custard commentary

as far as travelling goes, i enjoy being in other places but i hate preparing and actually going to them.

a lot of this is limited by how many 'dependents' i have with my office, other side clients (dropping these all the time), cats, etc. i'm working on all of that so i can at least be more free in theory.