Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: any comments on

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
evilganz1
Obi_Wan1
Duck_Hunt123
jessticles
D_Ironbody

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all decent players, I know for a fact at least one of them is a 2+2er but he gets sucked out on all the time so no neeed to worry about him these days.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
evilganz1
Obi_Wan1
Duck_Hunt123
jessticles
D_Ironbody

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all decent players, I know for a fact at least one of them is a 2+2er but he gets sucked out on all the time so no neeed to worry about him these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i hate that nintendo game. it sucks. OOPS! holla
Old 08-26-2005, 07:20 PM

Yea, NES Open is a much better nintendo game.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Default FieryJ

was watching you play. that 10 2o was a [censored]! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-26-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea, NES Open is a much better nintendo game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok nick, yer god at nes open. i was just giving away the 2+2er [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] holla
Old 08-26-2005, 08:01 PM

Default Re: Players to watch @ $55s, $109s, $215s

[ QUOTE ]
im going to say this once, and everyone feel free to fleece me about it, but i dont think you will learn squat from watching the best players. some of the moves they make will be completely over yer head and you WILL misuse that. dont get me wrong, this is not a knock on yer ability or skills, you could be quite good, i have no idea. im just saying, to the average observer, a lot of these moves the better players will make just wont make sense, and it could potentially make them worse.

as for what a coach can do that this board cant? a lot of things actually. you will get good concise answers instead of a flame war between two people who are both completely wrong. you will get someone to look at yer hand histories and plug EVERY leak. you will get to look at some of the coach's hand histories, and get a link into THEIR mind and get to ask questions so you can understand what they are doing instead of just trying to imitate and messing it up. i duno, other stuff too but i gotta go draft my madden team.
holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree with this and I watch good players occassionally for entertainment. If I tried to play like them, I'd go broke. Here's an extreme example:

I was watching GigaBet in a Stars $100 rebuy earlier today and he was pushing nearly every hand (65o, 73o, 82o, K5, just about anything). He busted at least 20 - 25 times while I was watching during the rebuy period. Each time he busted, he'd rebuy twice. I think he spent about five grand.

It looked like either he doesnt like money very much or he is trying to buy those TLB points. Fun to watch, and I'm sure he has a good plan that works for him, but not a good way for most people to play.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im going to say this once, and everyone feel free to fleece me about it, but i dont think you will learn squat from watching the best players. some of the moves they make will be completely over yer head and you WILL misuse that. dont get me wrong, this is not a knock on yer ability or skills, you could be quite good, i have no idea. im just saying, to the average observer, a lot of these moves the better players will make just wont make sense, and it could potentially make them worse.

as for what a coach can do that this board cant? a lot of things actually. you will get good concise answers instead of a flame war between two people who are both completely wrong. you will get someone to look at yer hand histories and plug EVERY leak. you will get to look at some of the coach's hand histories, and get a link into THEIR mind and get to ask questions so you can understand what they are doing instead of just trying to imitate and messing it up. i duno, other stuff too but i gotta go draft my madden team.
holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally agree with this and I watch good players occassionally for entertainment. If I tried to play like them, I'd go broke. Here's an extreme example:

I was watching GigaBet in a Stars $100 rebuy earlier today and he was pushing nearly every hand (65o, 73o, 82o, K5, just about anything). He busted at least 20 - 25 times while I was watching during the rebuy period. Each time he busted, he'd rebuy twice. I think he spent about five grand.

It looked like either he doesnt like money very much or he is trying to buy those TLB points. Fun to watch, and I'm sure he has a good plan that works for him, but not a good way for most people to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of people do this. i spent 471 bucks on a 11r on stars once.. and ive spent.. like 2200 on the 105r where i had to get 4th or better ot make money. i ended up getting second. his strat is purely to build a gigantic chip stack to put him in a great spot to win. he floods the table with chips that he can win back easily later. holla
Old 08-26-2005, 08:15 PM

This might work for guys like you and Giga, but for someone trying to learn from watching it, its probably not ideal.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he floods the table with chips that he can win back easily later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this last part. How do you know you won't get moved before you can get those chips back (or that other players won't get moved along with those chips)? I can understand Gigabet going for a big stack, though, considering how good he is with chips in front of him.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he floods the table with chips that he can win back easily later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this last part. How do you know you won't get moved before you can get those chips back (or that other players won't get moved along with those chips)? I can understand Gigabet going for a big stack, though, considering how good he is with chips in front of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the 105 rebuys, the fields are usually pretty small, RARELY going over 200 people. hes putting so many chips on the table that they will go to someone. and if he DOESNT rebuy 13099090582 times, he has sucked out dirty, pissed everyone off, and built himself a gigantic stack. ive won the 11r on stars like 4 times using this strat. i always have 15k+ after the rebuy phase is over. gotta give yerself every chance to win. he does that, and probably doesnt give up a WHOLE lot of ev in the process. holla