Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: My First Necrophilia Post.

hos does a concept of right and wrong in regard to to action have anything to do with money?

are you trying to make some sort of grey area distinction where someone would say something is right only if a substantial sum of money were to be handed over in exchange for the commencement of the action?

what's the ammo in that there question?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:28 AM

My favorite quote from the poll thread:

"Also, do gay guys really like to butt bang dead dudes??"
Old 11-27-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little bit mad at myself for not being the first to post about it. Because necrophilia is obviously the perfect subject for this forum. Pair The Board made the comment that people give reasons for their stances or actions that are often not their Real Reason. Agreed. But I think it is worse than that. I think they often have No Reason. All they have is a gut feeling. And unless asked, they never bother to check whether their gut feeling contradicts any of their OWN precepts. How better to show this than necrophilia questions? Here's one:

Assuming it is not illegal would it be wrong to sell your own dead body, getting money now, for the purpose of necrophilia? Let us also assume that it is a fact that the person or persons who have sex with the body do not get crazier than they already are by such actions, and that they are no more likely to harm others because they performed such acts. Also does the answer change based on how much money you get or what you would do with that money (eg save lives)?

[/ QUOTE ]

tsk tsk , the one and only David Sklansky posting about dead body sex... shame shame shame. P.S., wake me up wen i stop vomiting. u freako
Old 11-28-2005, 01:08 AM

Assuming I get to lead out the rest of my natural life unmolested, I could sell my dead body so that it could be looted for organs.

I don't believe I would sell my corpse for the purpose of necrophilia unless it was necessary to save my own life or the life of someone I love. My sense of self goes beyond death and I find the thought of some sicko having their way with my corpse humiliating.

Stu
Old 11-28-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My favorite quote from the poll thread:

"Also, do gay guys really like to butt bang dead dudes??"

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Rigor Mortis sets in and locks that ass down like a chinese finger trap!!!

(I can't believe I have got to use that 2 times in conversations)

Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

PS I am gay & a Funeral Services Technology Major.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:28 AM

Why should I care what happens to my corpse after I die? Personally, I was thinking of donating my body to science, but I'd be open to selling my future corpse to a rich pervert for the right price.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:03 AM

If it was an attractive women, then yeh I probally would. Freaky but I like it [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Ugly chick or a guy, definatly not. I have standards, and am not bi/gay. Yes I do think that selling yourself to the same sex for this purpose does make you bi/gay. It doesn't matter that you are dead, you are consenting to sex with the same sex.
Old 11-28-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's like the old joke when the man propositions the woman and offers first ten bucks then a million for sex. You know the punchline.

[/ QUOTE ]

he calls her a whore?
Old 11-28-2005, 03:47 PM

I don't see how this is any different than prostitution (on a delayed basis) - which I think is morally ok.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:53 AM

My Real Reasons for considering this to be an intrinsically immoral act.

1) What you suggest as a hypotethical, that a person could engage in necrophilia while "not becoming any crazier" by this action, is an impossibility. Every moral act (that is, an act resulting from deliberate choice) either habituates the person further into virtue or vice. In this case, the action would habituate the person further into vice. A person engaging in an immoral act, because he is habituating himself further into vice, is doing harm to himself. Even if hypothetically a person were as vicious as possible, an immoral act following upon his vicious disposition would still be harmful to himself, as much as he is committing an offense against his own nature and disrespecting his own dignity. Thus, by arranging such a contract and making it possible for a person to commit such an act, one would be formally cooperating in the commission of an immoral act.

2) As a Christian, I am bound to respect the human body. Christians believe in the Resurrection, and while this belief does not necessarily imply that when Christ returns my soul will be re-joined to any exact particular matter, the Christian is bound to show respect for his body and to show respect for the bodies of others after death. Thus, one of the corporal works of mercy in traditional Christian morality is the command to bury the dead respectfully. To permit for the sake of money such a grave violation of my own body, and especially to allow my body to aid another in his sin for the sake of money, would be to show tremendous disrespect for myself and a lack of reverence for that which Christ has promised for my body in the Resurrection.