Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2005, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Folding the nuts... would you... ?

Re-raise Mike on the turn.

HARD.

And what's with the 2bb lead-out on the turn? lol. That's laughable. They'd either run away fast or play cautiously after that beg.

This whole thread is pretty pointless, really.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This topic is hypothetical, ie: a "what if" question. Positions don't matter.

P.S.: AJ is a very good hand. How could anyone fold AJs?

[/ QUOTE ]

...sorry, I'm still shaking my head at that one.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:19 AM

I don't bet 2xbb on the turn.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Picture yourself in a No-Limit Hold'em game in the following situation: you have A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and you raise 3BB from the UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I picture myself 3 shots deep at this point, all within a 1-minute span cause when i want to get drunk thats what i do, and im clearly drunk if im in raising 3x BB with AJh from UTG.

[ QUOTE ]
SB raises to 5BB, 2 fold and the other player (we'll call him Mike) reraises it to 10BB...

[/ QUOTE ]

4th shot- i must be drunk cause somehow my turn got skipped or somethin, im real confused at this point.

[ QUOTE ]
you call and so does BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

I musta hit the beer bong to be callin 10x the BB with AJh. Man i am plastered.
[ QUOTE ]

Flop comes K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you got the nuts and an inside Royal Flush draw!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
...or so my drunk ass hopes cause that was about my only chance of winning with this hand at this point. I study the flop to make sure im not seeing things and continue.

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously wanna slow play it because you came out swinging the last 4 hands with top pair/middle pair and won without having to show your cards, so the players respect you now.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG 2 more shots deep now, thats 6 and a beer bong. I know alcohol impairs judgement but the day i think that betting strong 4 straight times and NEVER showing my hand gives me MORE respect is the day i stop drinking.

[ QUOTE ]
SB bets 4BB, Mike raises it to 12BB and you just call, so does SB.

[/ QUOTE ]

7 shats. I apparenbly don value a pot of 48 BBs at this pint and decid to get greedyfdkhf. An anoda thing, yer not the bass of me!

[ QUOTE ]
SB checks, Mike checks, you make a tiny 2BB bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Add 2 more shots cause i gotta be plastered to make this play. Holy crap this has gotta be the worst, drunkest poker ive ever played.

[ QUOTE ]
SB raises it to 6BB and Mike reraises it to 12BB. You call and so does SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
OMFG OMG WTF?! I discover those last 2 shots were absinth and no longer percieve the cards as pieces of paper with with numbers and symbols, but rather an entirely different entity. The pot is now 68 BBs and you caught a checkraisin slowplayer, but still wont make a move?! HE WANTS ACTION!!! YOU WANT ACTION!!!! The goal of slowplaying is to get action and hes willing to donate a stack, but here we are CALLING?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Its hard for me to imagine playing this poorly even after somethin like 9 shots and a beer bong plus a hallucinagenic beverage. We're lucky not to lose all action with a heart falling, or getting in a tough spot with the board pairing, but here we are still not getting the stacks in the middle?!

All jokes aside, this mistake is one of the worst yet and its got tough competition- you REALLY need to consult some books cause your game has SERIOUS leaks... like a strainer.

Fold on the river. Everything i pointed out is a serious flaw and if you dont understand why then its time to face the reality that you are not ready for real money poker.

P.S. You posted somewhere else "you can't fold AJs"... you show me ONE book by even the most amateur of authors to verify this and i will send you 50.00- guarenteed. I can tell you that every book ive read suggests FOLDING THIS FROM UTG! Thats right, not even limping!! It is a BAD HAND FROM BAD POSITION.

I have to go vomit now, alcohol poisoning.