Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Got engaged this weekend, telling everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! Marriage isn't for everyone, but when it works, it's great. And even though you'll question this decision when you get to the wedding planning stage, it's fun in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally. Being married is great; getting married sucks ass. I was SO glad when it was over...
Old 03-14-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Congratulations! Marriage isn't for everyone, but when it works, it's great. And even though you'll question this decision when you get to the wedding planning stage, it's fun in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally. Being married is great; getting married sucks ass. I was SO glad when it was over...

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Just keep nodding and learn to say, "Yes, Dear." I honestly don't remember a thing from my wedding. I just walked around in a daze all morning (and I wasn't even drunk). My father-in-law said it was a waste of money and offered to give us whatever a wedding cost if we'd elope. My wife said no. By wedding day she was wishing she had taken him up on it.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True. Just keep nodding and learn to say, "Yes, Dear." I honestly don't remember a thing from my wedding. I just walked around in a daze all morning (and I wasn't even drunk). My father-in-law said it was a waste of money and offered to give us whatever a wedding cost if we'd elope. My wife said no. By wedding day she was wishing she had taken him up on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha that's great. I've definitely got a plausible "that's great honey," and a passable "Sounds good." (while nodding) I've definitely heard (and been part of) a lot of stories about that sort of thing. I'm 21, but I have tons of cousins who are 30-somethings and love to share their wisdom/stupidity. And with my main source of income being what it is, the idea of eloping is incredibly tempting... I guess that will only increase. To be fair though, I love her family, and they seem really set on a decent sized wedding and reception.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:18 PM

Moisturizing is essntial.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:20 PM

Awesome!! Congratulations. I am getting married in a couple of weeks so I understand well the excitement of getting engaged.

Mazel tov!

Colgin
Old 03-14-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is nothing. Wait till you start having kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

First : Congrats! You guys look very happy...
Second : I can't believe I spent 15 minutes flipping through this thread - I'll do anything to kill the last 15 minutes at work
Third : Ignore the guy that talked about kids... ENJOY BEING MARRIED first. If you guys want kids, do that when the time is right -- don't let the cousins/parents/siblings/friends keep pushing you with "when you are you going to have kids". You're 21.. there are LOTS of years for that! Enjoy each other for a while, then do the kid thing.

Fourth : Engagement is a great way to learn that your opinion on a great multitude of things if officially incorrect. Its helpful because after you are married you will learn that you never really dressed well, that you're taste in movies and restuarants is poor, and that your sense of decor is utterly shameful. And I'm happily married!

Good Luck!!! Enjoy the Ride!!!
ThisHo
Old 04-08-2005, 10:07 AM

She's a cutie. Good job! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'll admit to being ignorant of rings and such though, so I'll stick to the "you look like a happy couple" line. You played it goot. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-08-2005, 12:08 PM

prenup