Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Losing weight.

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to make a $5 bet with my friend that I could lose a certain amount, but never got around to it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think making the weight loss bet a money amount that is significant to you would make you strive to lose more weight. If $5 is significant to you, I apologize.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:46 AM

Walk. Walk everywhere. Walk to work and walk home and walk in your lunch hour. Walk to the pub, walk to the gym, walk to the game. And then walk some more. Get up early and go for a walk. Go for a walk before you go to bed. Take every opportunity to get mobile.

I started walking with a view to get running again, but found that I was less knackered and felt fitter by keeping up the walking (up to 3 1/3 hours a day during the week). Takes less out of you.

Then give up eating crap. No booze Monday through to Friday, then enjoy yourself over the weekend.

I lost 12 kilos in 12 weeks.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:17 AM

Pizza is one of the best things ever, but it will destroy your diet. I remember reading one fitness model saying he figures he can eat pizza like twice a year heheh. It really is nasty when it comes to gaining weight. If you're going to try to eat pizza and lose weight, look into liposuction or stomach stapling.

Seriously though, try to replace a lot of what you eat with fruits and vegetables. It's a lot more satisfying than eating tiny portions and being hungry all the time. Vegetables are mostly water, and you can gorge yourself on them and stil drop weight at an insane rate, as long as you don't put high calorie sauces on them. A little butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, herbs, lemon juice, whatever, will do you fine.

I remember for a while I ate mostly chicken and fish and tofu, and steamed vegetables and fruit, and I could eat like a horse because there were so few calories in all of it, yet the weight just practically fell off me like crazy. And believe me brother, when I say I can eat, I mean it. Eat just chicken, fish, lean meat, and vegetables, with just the occasional carb, and you won't be able to keep fat on your body almost no matter how much you eat. And the nutrition will be great, and you'll feel fantastic all the time. Can't beat a diet where you can eat as much as you want and it's easy to stay on.

Of course, if you're drinking much soda and/or booze, you're in for a rough time ever getting weight off, too.

Good luck. Losing weight can be pretty easy if you just eat the right foods. The problem is almost nobody eats right anymore.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:38 PM

"
Of course, if you're drinking much soda and/or booze, you're in for a rough time ever getting weight off, too."

how would booze hurt?
Old 05-09-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"
Of course, if you're drinking much soda and/or booze, you're in for a rough time ever getting weight off, too."

how would booze hurt?

[/ QUOTE ]

That butterscotch schnapps we had on Saturday isn't exactly a 0 calorie snack.
Old 05-09-2005, 02:50 PM

Most booze is high calorie. Some of it you mix with even higher calorie stuff. There's even the chance that it can ramp up the storage of fat in your liver, but that's if you're hard core. Most obvious of course is the Homer Simpson effect on your belly of beer, but other booze is high calorie too.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:22 AM

i find the absolute easiest way to lose weight is go running in the morning 5 times a week

start off running one mile, slowly build up to 5 miles a day

this increases your metabolism and at least in my case actually decreases your apetite, so you don't really have to watch how much sugar and fat you are eating, as long as you are getting enough of the vitamins and proteins and all that you need
Old 05-09-2005, 03:08 PM

So thats all it takes to be really..really good looking?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:41 AM

If you work out five times a week, your weight will pretty much take care of itself.

Monday - lift #1
Tuesday - cardio
Wednesday - lift #2
Thursday - cardio
Friday - lift #1
Saturday - rest
Sunday - lift #2
Monday - cardio
Tuesday - lift #1
Wednesday - cardio
Thursday - lift #2
Friday - rest
Saturday - lift #1
Sunday - rest
and so on and so forth ad infinitum, where lift #1 is something like arms, chest, upper back and lift #2 is something like legs, abs, lower back.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Low calorie intake, eat cereal in the morning that is high in dietary fiber, like kashi. Rest of your meal seems fine.

Lots of water and exercise too. Its the only way.