Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Friends colluding

I hate to continue this conversation, but I can't resist.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling it "typical" or "BS" does nothing to say what problem you have with my line of thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok typical BS. Is this, it does not affect me so I will do nothing about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where are you getting this from? Where in any of my posts did I say it doesn't affect me? Where did I give my rationale for not reporting them other than saying that I don't rat out my friends? Do you make a habit of making random assumptions about people's motivations and attacking them blindly?

[ QUOTE ]
I think that says it all. Would you like me elaborate?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have said nothing, you have nothing to elaborate, I would like to shut up.

-Phoenix
Old 08-13-2005, 11:28 PM

Would you be so kind as to tell us what site they play on and what limits they play so we can be a little more cautious when playing there?
Old 08-13-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to shut up.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you be so kind as to tell us what site they play on and what limits they play so we can be a little more cautious when playing there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've spoken to one of them, and he assures me that it won't happen again. Be cautious everywhere you play. Apparently it goes on more than I thought.

[/thread]

-Phoenix
Old 08-13-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to shut up.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clever, using my typo against me. Did you come up with that on your own? Because that's funny. I would never think of that, taking a sentence out of context like that. Wow, you're really funny! You even took attention away from the fact that I pointed out exactly where and how you made an ass of yourself in this thread. You're good!

Now we can both shut up.

-Phoenix
Old 08-13-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've spoken to one of them, and he assures me that it won't happen again. Be cautious everywhere you play. Apparently it goes on more than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you believe this? Gawd.. report their asses. Or at least tell someone the info if you can't do it yourself.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious as to what the general feeling of the poker community is on this subject. Do people have friends who do this? Are there people on here who do this frequently? Do you fraternize with cheaters?

Although I know it's none of my business, the knowledge offends me. You wouldn't be far off in describing me as a straight arrow kind of guy, but just as a poker player, the idea of people out there cheating and basically stealing money from those of us who play for fun or for a living just pisses me off to an incredible degree. I'm not sure what to do, if anything.

Any comments appreciated.

-Phoenix

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you have amassed over 1500 posts here and not know what "...the general feeling of the poker community..." would be? The same goes for the other three questions in that paragraph.

I am convinced that the only thing you took away from this whole deal is to never again post about the exploints of your cheating friends.

And what's this about us needing to be careful everywhere because there's more of this going on than you thought? Just how many colluders do you know?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm 100% sure that these guys wouldn't steal from me. Your extrapolations are unfounded. A broadstroke judgement doesn't apply here. Although he occasionally steals substantial sums of money from innocent people, one of them is definitely a good guy

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How could you have amassed over 1500 posts here and not know what "...the general feeling of the poker community..." would be? The same goes for the other three questions in that paragraph.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a pretty good idea of what the general feeling would be. The other two questions were valid. I can't be the only one who knows people who have cheated, and I wanted to know what other people have done in that situation. Also, I wanted to know what other people thought of the balance between loyalty and justice, although I myself know where I stand. My post count is irrelevant. I'm not sure what you're confused about. There were varied responses, why does it confuse you that I decided to ask the question?

[ QUOTE ]
I am convinced that the only thing you took away from this whole deal is to never again post about the exploints of your cheating friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? How are you convincing yourself of anything, and what on Earth are you basing it on? More random judgements from random people. I have no fear of posting about anything on this site; there's not a single individual on here who's opinion of me causes me any concern, and my friends were anonymous. You're not making any sense. And anyway, what lesson do you think this thread was supposed to teach me? Cheating is wrong, thanks chief, I'll keep that in mind.

[ QUOTE ]
And what's this about us needing to be careful everywhere because there's more of this going on than you thought? Just how many colluders do you know?

[/ QUOTE ]

This deserves a respectful response. I didn't really think about collusion very much before yesterday, except the stupid kind where fish type out their hole cards when they're all in. It was obviously naive of me to think that it didn't happen. My friend informed me that he's done it twice, and won't do it again (apparently, they dumped the chips back to the guy. This part even I find hard to believe, so disregard if you wish. I don't care to repair their reputations, they're anonymous). Unfourtunately, he also informed me that he's heard that a lot of people that he's played with engage in collusion often. I don't know if he knows them personally, but he seems sure that it's a common occurence. It was news to me, and kind of a wake up call, so I thought I'd pass it along. The obvious answer is that of course collusion does occur. Since the guy asked where he should be careful, I felt that the best answer would be "everywhere."

-Phoenix
Old 08-14-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you talking about? How are you convincing yourself of anything, and what on Earth are you basing it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy. What convinced me was your response to the many who told you to report the cheaters. You wanted validation for your decision to not turn them in and you got pretty defensive when it turned out differently.

[ QUOTE ]
And anyway, what lesson do you think this thread was supposed to teach me? Cheating is wrong (except when my buddies do it), thanks chief, I'll keep that in mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP