Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars gave me tourney creation permission!

[ QUOTE ]
What stakes do you wanna play me for dude?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this goes down please let me know when because I would love to watch.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:02 PM

I just think that I could learn some things from putting myself to these challenges. I don't claim to be better than Irie but I don't think that he is a monster favorite over me either. I know that I can tend to talk too much trash so I'm sorry if I came across as a bragger. I just see challenging the very best as the best way to improve my game. I would love to play someone like Sklansky/Fossilman but I'm sure they wouldn't do it for low stakes.

Indy
Old 11-01-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Megabet,

Would you take slot to play me Sunday afternoon? Say 5pm ET?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that could work. I'll show you some tricks [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:06 PM

Irie's point is that to get better you must play the high buyin HU matches against solid opponents. This doesn't maximize short term EV but in the long run it certainly could as you can learn how to beat a bigger and more profitable game.

Yugoslav
Old 11-01-2005, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Irie's point is that to get better you must play the high buyin HU matches against solid opponents. This doesn't maximize short term EV but in the long run it certainly could as you can learn how to beat a bigger and more profitable game.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY AMOUNT YOU CAN COUNT IN ANY GAME YOU CAN NAME [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]...You "F'ing" Bozo....We have already proven that you are scared of a HU match with the Dreaded Skipper [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 PM

Megabet is on for Sunday. Let me do these 3 matches and see how they go...then I will try to set up some more.

Indy
Old 11-01-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skipper,

You're on for Thurs night. Irie, your point is valid. Thing is, there's two problems with your argument. #1: It is stupid to call out guys in this post for big $ when I know that you guys are better than the average player. #2: I make more money (I would imagine) and have a larger bankroll to screw with than most online poker players so it aint fair for me to demand a ton of dough from a bunch of college students.

Dude, face it. You are a good player but no poker god yourself. I've watched you carefully at the 50s on stars and you make lots of donk plays. Bottom line, last time we played we got all the money in when I was a big favorite and you drew out.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Any stakes at all (minimum $500). But PM me instead of acting like a perpetual wanker. If I win, I won't tell anybody. If you win, you can post it all over town.

Irieguy
Old 11-01-2005, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper,

You're on for Thurs night. Irie, your point is valid. Thing is, there's two problems with your argument. #1: It is stupid to call out guys in this post for big $ when I know that you guys are better than the average player. #2: I make more money (I would imagine) and have a larger bankroll to screw with than most online poker players so it aint fair for me to demand a ton of dough from a bunch of college students.

Dude, face it. You are a good player but no poker god yourself. I've watched you carefully at the 50s on stars and you make lots of donk plays. Bottom line, last time we played we got all the money in when I was a big favorite and you drew out.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Any stakes at all (minimum $500). But PM me instead of acting like a perpetual wanker. If I win, I won't tell anybody. If you win, you can post it all over town.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a sneaky way of letting us know when you win as we'll hear the crickets from Indy's account for three weeks...banning aside.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

ANY AMOUNT YOU CAN COUNT IN ANY GAME YOU CAN NAME [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]...You "F'ing" Bozo....We have already proven that you are scared of a HU match with the Dreaded Skipper [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not my fault you're asleep when I get back from work.

Stop being so old.

Yugoslav
Old 11-01-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Skipper,

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

jeez.

from reading the OP in this thread, i didn't think that the OP (like the two uses with two meanings?) intended this as a "calling out." i think he intended it purely as a fun thing to do that he thought would even be fun for high rollers and would help him learn. i doubt that zee or strassa do much playing low stakes for fun these days, but whatever, if they decide to, more power to em all.

the point is valid that playing for low stakes is not the same as playing for meaningful stakes, but at the same time, the stakes that are meaningful to different people are not the same. some people even find 20 bucks to be a worthwhile amount of money, but more accurately i think that while one person would feel comfortable playing say, up to an $x hu match, x might be lower than a trivial amount of money for someone else. not that this is all insightful or non-obvious, i just think it bears saying.

i think indy is trying to have some fun, have some silly hu matches, and get better. i think he can do all those things and even trash talk at the end if the players feel like doing that, in the way he's set this up.

c