Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Palmiero tests positive for steroids?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Should be interesting to hear what over-the-counter supplement he used that has some small banned ingredient that he didn't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if he does his research, it shouldn't be that hard. One of the health professors at GT sent off 10 or 12 common over the counter supplements to another University lab in California to have them analyzed. From the legal, OTC pills/powders he sent out, none had every ingredient on the label, a 7 had illegal steroids in them.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is worse than Pete Rose betting on baseball. If this is true, I hope he never gets a sniff of Cooperstown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? Do you seriously support induction into The Hall of Fame for a man who tested positive for steroids?

[/ QUOTE ]I think he is referring to the severity. Rose gambling on his own team is worse than a player taking roids.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is arguable at best. I can understand someone thinking Rose's offense was worse, but not substantially worse. Certainly not worse enough to say it's not even a discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]Its still worth discussing, I think the fact that Raffy lied in front of congress makes this much worse. Its like Rose denying all those years that he bet on his team.

BTW, check the "edit" box!!!!!!!!1

[ QUOTE ]
(Oh, and I guess his Congress proclamation was the biggest "strong means weak" tell ever.)

[/ QUOTE ]
So, should Sammy Sosa apply for a Presidential Speech Writer position?
Old 08-01-2005, 01:09 PM

it certainly gives you a lift.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, this is a gigantic story. What an ass clown.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should be interesting to hear what over-the-counter supplement he used that has some small banned ingredient that he didn't know about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if he does his research, it shouldn't be that hard. One of the health professors at GT sent off 10 or 12 common over the counter supplements to another University lab in California to have them analyzed. From the legal, OTC pills/powders he sent out, none had every ingredient on the label, a 7 had illegal steroids in them.

[/ QUOTE ]This excuse does not work though, with as many people testing positive this year, both in the Majors and in the minor leagues, all players need to be much more careful. If Raffy did unkowningly take roids, then he is a [censored] moron. No excuses anymore.

[ QUOTE ]
In a prepared statement, Palmeiro said he could not explain how the steroids got into his body. "I have never intentionally used steroids. Never. Ever. Period," he said. "Ultimately, although I never intentionally put a banned substance into my body, the independent arbitrator ruled that I had to be suspended under the terms of the program."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Palmeiro made headlines on March 17 when he vehemently denied ever taking performance-enhancing drugs during a congressional hearing on steroid use in baseball.

Palmeiro's statement before Congress read as follows: "Good morning, Mr. Chairman and members of the committee. My name is Rafael Palmeiro and I am a professional baseball player. I'll be brief in my remarks today. Let me start by telling you this: I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never. The reference to me in Mr. Canseco's book is absolutely false. I am against the use of steroids. I don't think athletes should use steroids and I don't think our kids should use them. That point of view is one, unfortunately, that is not shared by our former colleague, Jose Canseco. Mr. Canseco is an unashamed advocate for increased steroid use by all athletes."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
(Oh, and I guess his Congress proclamation was the biggest "strong means weak" tell ever.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, should Sammy Sosa apply for a Presidential Speech Writer position?

[/ QUOTE ]

An overexaggeration, sure. I still think I made my point.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is worse than Pete Rose betting on baseball. If this is true, I hope he never gets a sniff of Cooperstown.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the [censored] ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you serious? Do you seriously support induction into The Hall of Fame for a man who tested positive for steroids?

[/ QUOTE ]I think he is referring to the severity. Rose gambling on his own team is worse than a player taking roids.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is arguable at best. I can understand someone thinking Rose's offense was worse, but not substantially worse. Certainly not worse enough to say it's not even a discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's much worse. Rafael Palmeiro juicing does NOT bring into question his desire to win the game. However, the MANAGER of a team betting on baseball brings up suspicion of Pete Rose throwing games.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:13 PM

Palmiero has already been quoted today as saying something to the effect that he has never, "knowingly" used performance enhancing drugs.

I HATE THIS DEFENSE...I [censored] HATE IT.

At what point did we lose taking responsibility for your own actions?