Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: An idea for analyzing by session

Well, sounds good thus far. I say give it a shot. If it gets too hectic... well, that's why trial and error was invented. Possible suggestions:

-What I said earlier about interesting/illustrative hands being pre-selected.
-Sub-forum? For instance, come into Micro-Limit and at the top is a forum dedicated to this project? I've seen it on others sites when a subject doesn't warrant a major section, but would have too many posts and threads to be part of another. This way we could have many threads without interfering with the general activity of the forum. But I know how the powers that be dislike adding new sections...
-Single thread, and make sure people reply to the correct post. That way, viewed in threaded mode, the whole thing is very simple to navigate. Provided people can be trusted to follow instructions.

Trial and error if nothing else.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:51 AM

no one plays full ring anymore. face it.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:57 AM

Default More thoughts:

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I'm afraid this would be a drawback for players wanting to post hands -- it would take away from people wanting to have ppl look at thier hands and they would be too busy arguing about the session post. Anyone agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might happen. Will it be a bad thing? Not necessarily. I would be in favor of the "try it and see what happens" policy. If all other posts get buried, then it's not a good idea and it gets discontinued.

[ QUOTE ]
Several posters have mentioned that this idea might be rather chaotic in a thread. I think they are right -- no matter how well managed some craziness is bound to occur. So, what I am thinking about is making the session post a locked sticky and people would respond to that by refering to a specific hand within it (refering to it by hand # and hand rank in the subject line). This seems like a way to do this. I would take down the sticky after a few days, until we squeezed most of the juice out of the session post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't post all 200 hands at once. Post them in clusters of 20 hands, and cycle them through over a period of a couple weeks (maybe change them every other day). This way, the attention will be focused on a small segment, and everyone will be on roughly the same page.

[ QUOTE ]
As long as it's still used to hunt down leaks as well, this should not be a huge deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaks are repeated errors. And over the course of a week, I think we'll see the repetition. This will be especially true if it's a bad leak, like making loose flop calls. In isolation (ie when a poster posts a single hand) we often shrug and say it's a little loose, but if we say it's a little loose to 5 out of 20 hands, then it's clear that it's not just a little loose.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:07 AM

vnh.

i like it a lot.
Old 07-23-2005, 04:41 AM

I'd donate a 3/6 6max session
Old 07-23-2005, 05:32 AM

I like the idea, and have a related suggestion.

My single worst hand is AJo and I can't for the life of me figure out why. AJs is doing well, ATo is doing well, etc. I've been dealt AJo 47 times, most times seeing the flop. Would it make sense to post all the hand histories for AJo and get some feedback? Or is that rather pointless since the hands are scattered across different sessions against different opponents, etc? Also, 47 is probably a small sample size? (my first inclination is that the bad performance is just plain old bad luck, which is possible given the sample size, but I could be wrong)
Old 07-23-2005, 07:10 AM

By no means do I want to hijack a good idea. What you have working here is very good and I look forward to being a part. I just wanted to input my $.02

When I first started playing 6 max, MrWookie was gracious enough to help me out. His idea was for me to send him a block of hands from my session and he sent me hands from his. We both went through each others HH's looking for play errors and making comments. I learned a great deal not only from hearing his feedback on my end, but from seeing how he played his hands in my search for errors that I was aware of.

I was thinking you could still keep with the annonymity, we could have an intermediary for HH's, and they get passed to several people individually to be scrutinized. The feedback should be left apart from the HH for the next person to maintain an unbiased approach. Then when the original player gets his feedback, he can take special note of the recurring problems as his major leaks.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
am I the only one who doesn't know how to start at the beginning of the session rather than the end?).

[/ QUOTE ]

After you highlight a particular session go down towards the bottom of the page and click on "Game #". This will reverse the order of the hands played.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:51 AM

Should we post a complete session of 200 hands unedited, meaning it will be like 30 hands played and 170 hands the rest of the table playing?

Should the hand history be edited so that the unplayed hands only read "Hero Folds 7h 2s from UTG" (thus removing posible reads on the table)

Or should the history be edited so that it contains 200 played hands?
Old 07-23-2005, 08:24 AM

It's a good idea, but I don't know how often people will look through hundred hands to find some leaks.

But it's worth a try and I, of course, would donate a session, too.