Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Fold preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is awesome, i think you did everything right.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we are ignoring preflop because of the title right? if so, I agree

[/ QUOTE ]

given that he posted in the CO, and there was a limper and blinds still left, and he was getting immediate 6:1 and usually 8 or 9:1, i dont think i ever fold preflop.

edit: hmm i might fold the second time around, but putting 2SB into an 18SB pot isn't really too unappetizing with a suited connector.

[/ QUOTE ]

43s is a piece of [censored] hand and I can't imagine it's ever right to call 2 cold with it (on the way back obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

right, it's probably a fold on the way back, but his initial call is fine and very +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how you can think the initial call has a positive expectation based on the the limper and blinds calling, but calling 1BB back to him getting what is surely 9 or 10/1 is -ev? Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds? We have to call 1SB getting likely 10:1 vs. 2SB getting 10:1. I think that's the only real difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. well put.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You called two small bets = 1BB. 5 players called a preflop cap for 2BB each right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dur, my bad, you're right.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why aren't you capping the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
My thought at the time was the check-3-bet on the turn after all the previous action was a huge sign of strength. I could only put him on AK[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], JJ, or AA with a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] so I thought calling down was better.

Maybe call and raise a blank river? Or cap and call if he bets the river?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

given that he posted in the CO, and there was a limper and blinds still left, and he was getting immediate 6:1 and usually 8 or 9:1, i dont think i ever fold preflop.

edit: hmm i might fold the second time around, but putting 2SB into an 18SB pot isn't really too unappetizing with a suited connector.

[/ QUOTE ]

43s is a piece of [censored] hand and I can't imagine it's ever right to call 2 cold with it (on the way back obviously)

[/ QUOTE ]

right, it's probably a fold on the way back, but his initial call is fine and very +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't see how you can think the initial call has a positive expectation based on the the limper and blinds calling, but calling 1BB back to him getting what is surely 9 or 10/1 is -ev? Please explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Implied odds? We have to call 1SB getting likely 10:1 vs. 2SB getting 10:1. I think that's the only real difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. well put.

[/ QUOTE ]

some illumination upon this response would be most appreciated. It is rather dark as it stands.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. well put.

[/ QUOTE ]

some illumination upon this response would be most appreciated. It is rather dark as it stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think it's as bad a call as josh is making it seem. but (and peter_rus made a post about this a long time ago) once a pot gets 5 way trash suited drops in pot equity by a large amount. flush over flush becomes important, people will always have a draw to a bigger flush when you hit your flush early, etc.

also, paying 1BB getting 9:1 and 1SB getting 9:1 are two totally different things. part of calling preflop with flush draw type hands is that you need to make up bets when you hit your draw. now you have to make twice as many bets when you hit. it sucks.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:09 PM

I think everything is ok except the flop raise.

- Jim
Old 11-02-2005, 05:27 PM

Here's your problem:

[ QUOTE ]
River: (27.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

This was supposed to be the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Work on that.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:54 PM

I don't see anything wrong with capping here. You're not risking anymore potential raises here by putting one more in if you're behind here, and you're collecting 2(?) more when you're ahead.

If you're bet into on the river you simply call.