View Poll Results: Hero's best play is:
Raise 61 23.28%
Call 129 49.24%
Fold 72 27.48%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2004, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Who won the 3rd debate?

[ QUOTE ]
THE lie was that he said he wasnt worried about bin laden.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't disagree with this as it was proven on TV, but let me ask you this:

Which President in the history of our country NEVER lied to the American people???

I think in context of what Bush said WHEN he actually said "I'm not worried about him" was for a simple reason...

He didn't want American people to see or think that he was fearful of another terrorist attack and that he was confidant in the abilities of our governmental agencies to "handle" Bin Laden.

Just because someone doesn't remember something that they said in the past and they deny saying it; that doesn't necessarily make them a liar.

Are you married PITT??? If so, how many times have you had to eat crow because of some remark you made, thinking that you said something else or got your context mixed up?

As a sidenote, just for posterity's sake, in the 3 debates, I think Kerry has come across better on an intellectual level due to the fact that he's a good speaker and kinda suave in that respect. On the other hand, I'm tired of his talk about all of his "plans" without much in the way of what they are made of or what in entailed within them.

Bush.... well, I think he slightly won this 3rd debate, and I had Kerry a HUGE winner in the 1st one and the second just about a tie. The one thing I can say that I like about President Bush id the he seems to be more "human" than John Kerry for some reason(just my thoughts on it, though). Although the one drawback I saw for Bush in these debates was he looked out of sorts and uncomfortable many times.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:30 PM

Default Re: edge

[ QUOTE ]
you can read my thoughts about the economy in the "i want my taxes to be raised" thread below this. im sure you would have understood my views a lot more clearly if you had read the part where i actually talked about the issue at hand instead of just nitpicking spelling. i would say you have more of a case if you actually made well thought out arguments as opposed to sarcastically praising other peoples arguments, until then you have 0 credibility with me.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

It is clear to me that no amount of discussion or debate, well-founded or otherwise, will allow you to have any serious dialogue with me on this subject. You attack me for "nitpicking" about your spelling when in another thread, you do precisely that to another poster - hypocrisy, I say. And you know what, the spelling likely isn't that important, but your involvement in threads tends to always begin with some kind of nitpicky, sarcastic post and then you turn things around on others who confront you - mainly myself. This is why I keep promising myself not to attempt political dialogue with some, and for some reason I continue to go back for more...

-Edge
Old 10-13-2004, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, he lied about saying he wasn't worried about Bin Laden. I don't think you can get a "Big win" with blatant lies which the media can instantly call you on ... complete with video proof.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope Bush's exact quote:

"I just don't spend that much time on him, to be honest with ya."

That is not the same as not being worried about him. He may just has more important, bigger targets. To say Bin Laden isn't on the back of Bush's mind is laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]Nope.

"I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run." He described the terrorist leader as "marginalized," and said, "I just don't spend that much time on him."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ate_fact_check
Old 10-13-2004, 11:31 PM

Default Re: CNN poll - Kerry again.

[ QUOTE ]
CNN polls called it again for Kerry, about the same margin as the first debate. (52-39)

[/ QUOTE ]

Who gives a [censored] about an online poll ? Esp. when it well known there is an organized push by the DNC to skew the post-debate polls. I wouldnt trust them if they broke in Bush's favor.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:32 PM

what debate? Playoff baseball is on, nothing else is important right now.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i do, but kerry said "he has not met with the NAACP or the congressional black caucus" and bush replied "that is simply not true..." it seems to imply that he has met with them both.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

If a part of a statement is untrue, the statement is untrue.

"John Kerry is a short man with grey hair" is a false statement even though he does indeed have grey hair.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Re: CNN poll - Kerry again.

Not an online poll. A telephone poll of over 500 viewers with a MOE of +-5.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:37 PM

Default Re: edge

haha, great...so instead of replying to my posts with evidence, you will continue to stick to just sarcastically calling them good. way to go, i am amazed at your sense of self improvement. i corrected another posters spelling(correctly) and you went to the post which you had had no previous involvement in and critiqued my spelling(incorrectly) me pointing that out isnt hypocrisy, it is simply me trying to show that you dont respond to my posts with any words of meaning, but just anger backed up with no facts or opinions.

how am i supposed to have a dialogue with you when you say that i am unreasonable for "confronting you"(read: disagreeing)? i am pretty sure that politics is generally done by making points on issues. whenever i make a point or disagree with another point you generally post something about how im a jerk for disagreeing. the posts i generally reply to are smug, pro-bush propaganda and i will generally satirize that point to make it clear why they are wrong. if it goes over your head, im sorry.

I tried to open a dialogue with you on the point we previously argued by making a long, well thought out post and you completely ignored it. i dont think its my fault that we;re not getting anything done. i have still yet to see you do anything other than critisizing posts, never explaining issues or actually debating those issues with thought out poins, which was what i had hoped you would do.

rj
Old 10-13-2004, 11:38 PM

Default Todays Pre debate betting line

Bush -155
Kerry 145

Pinnacle

I think Bush won and predict tommorrow the betting line will reflect that.

Stu
Old 10-13-2004, 11:39 PM

ok, i think i misunderstood the original quote. that being said. why has the president never met with the NAACP? it seems pretty absurd to me...

rj