Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 07:59 PM

Default Re: The Difference Between Michael Douglas and You

So does everyone out there actually believe Tom Cruise is gay, or is this just one of those things people make fun of celebrities for even thoug they aren't true.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:08 PM

It's been going on for a while. I think it started from the "Eyes Wide Shut" rumors that on the movie set, Tom and his wife Nicole couldn't even fake personal physical attraction at all and seemed to have so little charisma going on that the sex scenes were really difficult to shoot. There were even rumors that Tom needed coaching, he was such a cold lump of complete indifference toward Kidman and all the other nekkid women on the set.

Maybe it was earlier than that, but it does seem of a piece with his weird behavior lately, so those two things come together into a pretty weird, and possibly gay, picture.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 PM

A friend of mine used to work for Eli Broad, reportedly the richest man in California. One of his jobs was briefing the press each year on his personal wealth. The first year he went in and asked Mr. Broad if he could go down the list. Mr. Broad said go ahead. First item was property.

"Put down 4," said Mr. Broad.

"4?" asked my friend?

"Yeah, 4," said Broad.

My friend was embarrassed to ask but when he left the office he got confirmation that the numbers Broad was throwing out were billions. So $4 billion for property alone.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:30 PM

Bingo.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:31 PM

Yeah, Lee Grant directed it. Kirk Douglas was a very interesting man, always socially involved, quite a guy.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:33 PM

Maybe, but she's pretty talented. She got the job in Zorro because she grew up in the same town in Wales that Anthony Hopkins came from and he knew her as a musical performer there. She was going to be a star after Zorro, no doubt, but certainly marrying Mr. Douglas hasn't hurt her any. I liked her in Traffic and thought she was great in Chicago.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Michael Douglas is not a "billionaire". I can probably name 20 other actors off the top of my head who are worth more than him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about being a billionaire, but his money doesn't come from acting.

It came from his dad, and from producing movies for 30 years now. Remember The China Syndrome? That was his. He's been in the money big leagues for a very long time now.

[/ QUOTE ]

"You see that guy on the corner? You think he's rich? Being able to fly first class, being comfortable? I am talking about liquid. Being able to buy your own jet."

-Gordon Gekko

(Douglas also produced 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest')
Old 08-17-2005, 10:57 PM

She's also on this British PBS light drama that shows on Saturday or Sunday night, from back when she looked in her early 20's. She was phenomenal looking then. Not bad now either, certainly one of the best come-backs from pregnancy I've seen. But it's kinda cool to see her when she was all new and shiny.