Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: What is your 6-max vpip/pfr?

After about 9000 hands (I have more on another database but am too stupid/lazy to figure out how to combine them) I'm at 24/19. This is at 1/2,2/4 3/6 at Stars,Prima,Crypto and Absolute combined. I don't think I've ever open limped in 6 max.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:00 PM

27/19 overall, over several limits (mostly 2/4 6m on Absolute and UB). And yeah, I'm pretty happy with my preflop play, after making some adjustments about halfway through my shorthanded career.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 PM

I'm stuck at 21/15, which are very similar stats to yourself. The link you posted doesn't seem to work, but I have a feeling we're using the same chart.

The way I see it there are three ways to increase my VPIP:

a) Limp more hands

b) Raise more marginal hands like A9o/KTo from UTG.

c) Steal more.

I'm limping all the recommended hands after other limpers, but I refuse to cold-call with them unless there are at least 3-4 of us in the pot, and even then they need to have multi-way strength.

I've avoided raising the marginal hands listed as raise/fold from UTG and MP. I guess I don't want to get caught with my pants down while I'm still learning the post-flop nuances of 6-max.

I don't have my steal stats to hand, but I'm pretty happy with how often I steal. If it's on the chart, I'll steal by default. Against the right opponents I'll steal with more, but I feel like it's got to have SOME high card strength, or suited and connected.

Any suggestions from those that have higher VPIP? How does your approach differ?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:30 PM

Here is a link to a chart that I like a fair bit better than the 2+2 one, I don't know why, but it offers much more guidance.

http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readTopic.a...869#Post1701869

I would really like to hear from some others on how to get the VPIP and PFR up as well.

Margon
Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 PM

You must be using a different chart than me. I don't have a single coldcall hand on my chart and I only have 2 R/F hands UTG.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:35 PM

party 5/10 - 26/18.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 PM

Sorry, I was thinking of calling a raise from the SB, which is not strictly cold-calling.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:18 PM

I don't know why but whenever I let my VPIP SB go higher I consider that a major leak (that and going to showdown too often with Marginal hands).

I try to keep my VPIP SB very much under tight control, I like to keep it within 10% of my total VPIP.

I would caution that in my expeience this is something that can get out of control very very fast.

Margon
Old 11-04-2005, 02:19 PM

You may not be isolation raising as often as you could be. Generally when a bad player limps in front of me I will raise with the majority of the hands I would have open raised with.

You also may not be defending your big blind enough.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is a link to a chart that I like a fair bit better than the 2+2 one, I don't know why, but it offers much more guidance.

http://www.mrfixitonline.com/readTopic.a...869#Post1701869

I would really like to hear from some others on how to get the VPIP and PFR up as well.

Margon

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll give that one a go just to see if it makes a difference, but if it hasn't worked for you...

Luckily, I think there is still a lot of value in post-flop play in 6-max games. I think that's keeping me afloat at the moment.