Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Air America Going Down the Tubes

ok
Old 11-05-2005, 07:28 PM

Meh...I do listen to Air America, but only because I love Mike Malloy...He's about the only American nowadays who isn't brainwashed by either the religious reich or the PC thugs/soccer moms.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So, you, liked it when Clinton was president, and Jon made fun of Clinton...

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow I don't remember the Clinton-bashing, or whatever/however he made fun of BC. I guess it wasn't that important to me or a very small part of his show.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, he still makes fun of him sometimes today -- usually in regards to semen-stained dresses. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But, you have to admit it's much easier to make fun of GWB than BC. It's sad, but true.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have Sirius radio... and during my 30 minute commute to and from work, I've tried listening to Air America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Air America isn't on Sirius anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 2-3 months ago (I think) that I was listening to it during my commute. I took it off of my presets when they redid the channel line-up a few weeks ago I believe. I now listen to NPR & BBC (news & talk) which is much more informative than Air America was.
Old 11-05-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have Sirius radio... and during my 30 minute commute to and from work, I've tried listening to Air America.

[/ QUOTE ]

Air America isn't on Sirius anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was 2-3 months ago (I think) that I was listening to it during my commute. I took it off of my presets when they redid the channel line-up a few weeks ago I believe. I now listen to NPR & BBC (news & talk) which is much more informative than Air America was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it would be: Corporate America's talk radio is ideologically driven while BBC, CBC, NPR, and similar organisations care more about the content than about the profits and provide more intellectually driven programming.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, you have to admit it's much easier to make fun of GWB than BC. It's sad, but true.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's twue, it's twue!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2005, 08:11 PM

Fundamentally, the angry-talk radio format doesn't work well for so called "liberals."

Conservatives like simple things. Simple truths. Right and wrong. Black and white. Thus its insanely easy to pander to people who do not want to hear anything that challenges or disturbs their diligently maintained myopia.

The left, generally, likes complicated pictures that represent a broader swathe of lived realities, and as such its very difficult to create the bullet point vituperatives of a Rush or some similarly asinine and poorly informed asshat.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fundamentally, the angry-talk radio format doesn't work well for so called "liberals."

Conservatives like simple things. Simple truths. Right and wrong. Black and white. Thus its insanely easy to pander to people who do not want to hear anything that challenges or disturbs their diligently maintained myopia.

The left, generally, likes complicated pictures that represent a broader swathe of lived realities, and as such its very difficult to create the bullet point vituperatives of a Rush or some similarly asinine and poorly informed asshat.

[/ QUOTE ]

All those big words add credibility to your post.
Old 11-05-2005, 08:37 PM

Your illiteracy serves a similar purpose.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:03 AM

According to Arbitron, Air America is doing well in LA and Portland, where it is 5th overall. However, in New York, it recently was at a 1.3 share of the audience, or 24th in the market. WABC, which is home to Rush and Hannity, is third in the market. I frequently hear that the old WLIB Carribean-themed station had a bigger share than the current Air America format.

In regards to the statements by some that conservatives win the market because conservatives are dumb, gimme a break. They win because they are compelling. Thats why shows like Hannity get so many liberal callers, because they make for good radio. People aren't stupid because they are conservative or liberal. They are stupid because they are stupid. Also, it is my belief that more college educated people are liberal because the faculty is predominantly liberal, not because liberals are smarter.

Finally, the BBC is incredibly left-wing biased. Former president Clinton and P.M. Tony Blair have both critcized the BBc for overly biased reporting on the war in Iraq and President Bush. Also, the head of the BBC resigned over their report that the Blair administration was responsible for the death of weapons expert David Kelly