Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Anger Management

I definitly can relate to the op on the topic of rage while playing online. I have the same problem.

EXAMPLE: Today at interpoker trying to clear the new bonus(which sucks btw-all the pots have to be 20$ to be considered a raked hand)!
So I raise my A-4 suited in the highjack after 2 limps. CO, Sb, bb reraises ,limpers call , I call. 4 players flop is 3,4,5 limpers check I bet bb raises two callers I call. Turn is an ace! Limpers check ,I Check, bb bets , limper1 folds ,limper 2 calles, I 3-bet, bb capps! wtf! 3 players see a capped river when a blank hits. BB turns over 76o!!!

At this point I leap from my chair Hellmuth style. It flys back across the room hitting my lamp and knocking it over!!
I grab an empty glass from my desk and throw it against the wall , cracked the sheetrock but didnt break. Go to the wall and punch it about 3 times until my hand swells up to the size of a tennis ball. Go to freezer wrap some ice in a wife beater and play some more cards.

Ive also have been known to do the Roger Doltry mouse swing over my head into the moniter. I went through 3 mice this way. One time it completely shattered as it hit the screen into like 8 pieces. I think I need to get one of those punching bags.

p.s. I love this game....
Old 07-05-2005, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitly can relate to the op on the topic of rage while playing online. I have the same problem.

EXAMPLE: Today at interpoker trying to clear the new bonus(which sucks btw-all the pots have to be 20$ to be considered a raked hand)!
So I raise my A-4 suited in the highjack after 2 limps. CO, Sb, bb reraises ,limpers call , I call. 4 players flop is 3,4,5 limpers check I bet bb raises two callers I call. Turn is an ace! Limpers check ,I Check, bb bets , limper1 folds ,limper 2 calles, I 3-bet, bb capps! wtf! 3 players see a capped river when a blank hits. BB turns over 76o!!!

At this point I leap from my chair Hellmuth style. It flys back across the room hitting my lamp and knocking it over!!
I grab an empty glass from my desk and throw it against the wall , cracked the sheetrock but didnt break. Go to the wall and punch it about 3 times until my hand swells up to the size of a tennis ball. Go to freezer wrap some ice in a wife beater and play some more cards.

Ive also have been known to do the Roger Doltry mouse swing over my head into the moniter. I went through 3 mice this way. One time it completely shattered as it hit the screen into like 8 pieces. I think I need to get one of those punching bags.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you stayed through a capped river with 4-straight on board, I hope you were mad about the way you played it and not the other players' hands.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are going to have hands like these over and over and over and over.

Also - instead of just assuming that your play was perfect it would be wise to ask oneself if you think you could have played it better. you should always be asking yourself this.

To the original poster (and others who throw things around and such)...I just don't get it.
If you are making good plays and know that you are going to be winning in the long-run and also know already that you will have plenty of fluctuation along the way then why are you getting mad at situations like this.

In the hand just mentioned
I would be happy that I have a player to my right who is playing 63 and wouldn't mind at all that he caught that 3 on the river.
(FWIW - it wasn't THAT big a pot you lost either...sounds like it was a whopping 8BB's).

Anyway...reactions like this are indeed a sign of immaturiy imo. And I think there is lots of stuff in the psych forum worth looking over.
I find it especially interesting because I really don't do much more than a fist-pump when a catch a lucky river to stay alive in a tournament.
I do get frustrated when I'm losing sometimes and my play might be a bit affected...but throwing things around the room I just never have an inclination to do....yet I consider myself to pretty immature for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:17 PM

Yeah, I know. I should not have been in the hand to begin with. I was bored and tried to make a move preflop. Thats what I get for playing a4 sooted!!@
Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No offense but this is a sign of immaturity...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-05-2005, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not entirely sure you're serious, but this had me literally laughing out loud... roger doltry style, that is fantastic.