Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: Determining Cards Programmatically

[ QUOTE ]

In other words, I can read the hand history that is currently being written, as it is written, line by line, without having to wait for the file to be completed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually you can read the Hand History file BEFORE it is written. PP keeps a temp HHF in it's root directory that is open as long as you are at a table and is an aggragate of all the hands at the table just like the actual HHF that is written to the HandHistory directory. A good developer could write an IFS device driver to monitor the writes to the file(s). The device driver would have access to the data before it is written to the file and could parse the data in real time. From Microsoft "A file system filter driver can filter I/O operations for one or more file systems or file system volumes. Depending on the nature of the driver, filter can mean log, observe, modify, or even prevent. Typical applications for file system filter drivers include antivirus, encryption, replication, and hierarchical storage management products." ....AND real time poker analysis.

Driver's are not easy to write and require an experienced driver developer. I'm an experienced developer but have never written a device driver. Nonetheless, I'm thinking of giving it a whirl.