Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: American Idol thread for week of 5/17

[ QUOTE ]

Why the hell is Carrie a favorite over Bo?

[/ QUOTE ]

WSEX switched pretty quickly - Bo is now a slight favorite over Carrie, with Vonzell far, far behind.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

anybody else notice that bo had a teleprompter showing the lyrics to "don't let the sun go down on me"?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:43 PM

did they? i did not see this. maybe it was just your tv/cable company?
Old 05-18-2005, 01:49 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i'm not referring to captioning. in the middle of the audience there was a physically present screen scrolling the lyrics.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:05 PM

wouldn't suprise me one bit. I mean 3 songs in a week is a pretty tall order.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not referring to captioning. in the middle of the audience there was a screen clearly scrolling the lyrics to the song while bo was singing it. it was physically present in the stadium.

[/ QUOTE ]

teleprompter may have been for the back-up singers.

contestants strictly forbidden to use any teleprompter or notes. some write certain things on their hand, but they can't write out the whole song.

i'm certain you are going to argue that BO was using a teleprompter and i am wrong, but not this time astro. it is in the rules that they can have no notes or outside coaching for song words.

i won't be able to argue with you because i have to go somewhere till monday, but you are incorrect this time.

cup, that 1% mention is famous from idol. it is derived and can be interpreted many ways.

i.e. they will tell him to say that is 1% diff if contestant A got 1% more, contestant b & c got 1% less etc. point is that it may not be as close at it appears and for sure the voting last night won't be close.

had they ended the show with BO's a cappella (sp?) there would be no need for a final show next week. that was one of the greatest idol performances ever.

finally, clive davis has forgotten more about musicians than simon will ever learn. it is clear that he feels simons prediction a month ago was way wrong and the market prices today reflect as much of clive's comments as they do BO's performance
Old 05-18-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm certain you are going to argue that BO was using a teleprompter and i am wrong, but not this time astro. it is in the rules that they can have no notes or outside coaching for song words.

i won't be able to argue with you because i have to go somewhere till monday, but you are incorrect this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i posted it as an observation, not an accusation or "a ha". my gf noticed the words scrolling by and pointed it out, rewound the dvr to confirm. with the contestants doing 3 songs it doesn't surprise me much, they might feel it's too heavy of a memorization load or generally don't want to give the public the impression that they're walking a bunch of bush leaguers through if they happen to botch some words. i don't think it's anything specific to bo.

the words it shows scrolling on the tv are "on me / don't let the sun go down on me / 'cause losing everything", and they're not words that are sung by the background singers. they hum during the chorus parts and just say "sun going down on me." he's singing solo as it's scrolling. the band has sheet music. i'm not sure where it is time-wise on the actual show, but on the bittorrent release put out by fqm it occurs around the 9:50 mark. that's where the unedited screenshot is from. i got the show at www.mininova.org.

i have to assume that you're in over your head here money-wise because of the level of SERIOUS and emotionally investmented sentiments you drive out into many of your posts. whatever your reasons, i don't see why you've taken it upon yourself to assume i'm some kind of enemy or lash out at me. it's really childish and getting old. i never said or did anything to you, i'm not accusing precious bo of anything, and i've always appreciated our seasonal discourse.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:01 PM

Why is bo buy price 99.5 on Tradesports? His price has been rising on WSEX as well.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:29 PM

i see an ask of 68 for bo and 44 for carrie on tradesports. 68 is high with 3 left, but not unreasonable considering how the show went last night. wsex is 58 and 41 respectively. as long as vonzell gets the boot tonight i'm happy.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:51 PM

Its now back down a bit. Sorry to interrupt, please get back to the regularly scheduled fighting [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]