Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Re: make a living without working for the man?

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, I'm just thinking in terms of what my options are for the future. I'm not even in college til next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not even in college yet and you are concerned about a job? Dude, wake up. College is about to be the best 4 years of carefree living your short life will ever see. I guarantee you that a job will not be your concern when you are sleeping 13 hours a day, napping every day, drinking everyday, going to classes sometimes and hopping on every chick that will let you. Think about a job later.

Oh yeah, don't be stupid and fail out. Squeeze in some work and you'll be good to go.

If you graduate and still don't think you want a job, go to grad school.

Good luck!
Old 11-03-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
College is about to be the best 4 years of carefree living your short life will ever see. I gaurantee you that a job will not be your concern when you are sleeping 13 hours a day, napping every day, drinking everyday, going to classes sometimes and hopping on every chick that will let you

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a killjoy, but I've done two years of college and the lifestyle isn't all it's cracked up to be. Getting drunk all the time, sleeping around, skipping class and so on gets really boring and unfullfilling quickly - at least it did for me. When I do go back to school I definitely won't be living on campus or even attending until I actually want to be there to work hard and get a degree that was worth it.

-SmileyEH
Old 11-03-2005, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
College is about to be the best 7 years of carefree living your short life will ever see. I guarantee you that a job will not be your concern when you are sleeping 13 hours a day, napping every day, drinking everyday, doing bong hits, going to classes sometimes and hopping on every chick that will let you. Think about a job later.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-03-2005, 02:06 PM

join the army. see the world
Old 11-03-2005, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
College is about to be the best 4 years of carefree living your short life will ever see. I gaurantee you that a job will not be your concern when you are sleeping 13 hours a day, napping every day, drinking everyday, going to classes sometimes and hopping on every chick that will let you

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a killjoy, but I've done two years of college and the lifestyle isn't all it's cracked up to be. Getting drunk all the time, sleeping around, skipping class and so on gets really boring and unfullfilling quickly - at least it did for me. When I do go back to school I definitely won't be living on campus or even attending until I actually want to be there to work hard and get a degree that was worth it.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

If that didn't do it for you, then you could have stayed for the academics. I was only emphasizing some of the good things about school. You also develop as a person, meet people who will likely become your best of friends for the rest of your life, learn what it's like to have independence (albeit with a gigantic safety-net), have exposure to many new ideas/thoughts from people that are actually well-educated, amongst many other rewarding activities. There has to be something that interests you! In that time, you should be having some fun.
I assume you are working if you are taking time off from school? I don't know if you enjoy what you are doing, but really start to thing about how everything is going to play out. College is necessary in many ways, and don't worry so much about which degree you get, just get something that you enjoy. You have the rest of your life to figure out what you want to do and then go to grad school when you get there.

I hope you figure out what you want to do, and if (when) you go back, you're right about not staying on campus. You'll be disgusted. If you can, study abroad. I did it twice and it made the experience so much better than being on campus the entire time. That goes for the OP, too. Study abroad!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:38 PM

Old 11-03-2005, 02:40 PM

Sell patchouli?