Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: My Poker Goals - Summer 2005

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to note that I have 40,000 hands in PT since January and all but about 1000 of them were clearing bonuses. I've made quite a bit more from the bonuses than I have playing .50/1. It's definately the way to go for micro-limiters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted my goal to be:

1. Challenging
2. Understated (hence 1.5BB/100)
3. Short-term
4. Not $$ based

I didn't factor in bonuses and the like because of #2, but you can guarantee that I am going to be doing bonuses as well.

I also need to sign up for rake-back. Only site I'm eligible is Eurobet, but I expect to get that setup this weekend. That'll factor in as well.

I particularly avoided putting $$ amounts on it, because I do not want to be results based.

So, other than figuring how many hands I might need at a low winrate so that by the time I hit my goal, my goal has nothing to do with $$. And by the time my goal is complete, my bankroll will be busting out all over the place and I'll be able to afford to take some out to reward myself, as well as move up.

KO
Old 06-09-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I don't consider poker a job, and I enjoy my time at the tables as well as studying/reading comparing notes with 2+2'ers. I've never been as 'into' anything else in my life. It feels natural, and good to play. Like I've found my 'calling', crazy as that sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are like my long lost brother. Good luck w/ your goal.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:40 AM

I haven't read all the responses, so maybe this has been posted in this thread already. But I bonus whore more than anybody I know. Here is the best course of action that I've taken:

First, sign up through Boogster.com. It is an affiliate site that will give you tons of free stuff ontop of your site bonuses (I got a free poker tracker, 2pack of Copag cards, a copy of WLLH, and a freakin Xbox for playing on sites that offered bonuses of their own. To get all these prizes, I played a grand total of about 2000 hands. I also made about $150 in bonus money while playing on the various sites that Boogster.com is affiliated with.)

1)Put $100 into party poker. They'll give you $30 in bonus and you can clear it in about 2hrs (sign up through Boogster for an extra $50 worth of prizes)

2)Empire Poker. Use 25FREE in the bonus code spot and get $25. Again, its easy money that you can clear rediculously fast.

3) Hit up Wild Jack (www.wildjackpoker.com) and Trident Poker. They both give you $30 free to play with on a $20 deposit and all you have to do is play like 150 raked hands to withdraw it.

--Now you're at $115 in bonuses for playing like 700 raked hands, plus boogster prizes.

4) Check out the rest of the Prima sites (there's like 20 of them so I won't post them all, so go to primapoker.com to check it out. They all offer good bonuses that are extremely simple to clear. Royal Vegas poker is also a boogster affiliate. Sign up through their link and you get $20 worth of prize points ontop of the royal vegas 40% deposit bonus.

5)Try the Cryptologic sites. They offer these renewable bonuses EVERY month. Interpoker is awesome. 100% match bonus up to $90. Play 720raked hands (download cryptocounter to keep track of your raked hands) to clear this bonus. Play the full ring games at the beginning of the month and it is like taking candy from a baby.

Next, go to PokerPlex. Play 300 raked hands and get $50

The other crypto sites offer monthly bonuses too
5)In no particular order, I've also cleared bonuses from absolutepoker, cdpoker, noblepoker, and bodog (all boogster sites)

You should be able to make over $500 in bonuses by playing the specific sites I've listed, and alot more if you check out prima and do all the crypto sites. And the Boogster prizes that you get on the side are quite nice as well.

Boogster also offers bonuses for a bunch of other sites. I'll let you check those out. I'm only plugging boogster.com here because they have given me awesome service and really cool prizes for playing the poker that I was going to play anyways. If you check it out and like what you see, please sign up through my link so I get a few extra prize points from them for signing you up.
Boogster.com
Old 06-09-2005, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Believe me, I don't consider poker a job, and I enjoy my time at the tables as well as studying/reading comparing notes with 2+2'ers. I've never been as 'into' anything else in my life. It feels natural, and good to play. Like I've found my 'calling', crazy as that sounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-09-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good luck KO. I'm on a quest to be multi-tabling 2/4 by the end of the summer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm on the same mission, and at this pace I'll be lucky to be alive at .5/1. Ugh.

It's a weird dilemma -- I probably need to step away for a day or two, but every day I don't play is less (potential) monies and less experience. I was hoping to play 10,000 hands at .5/1 and show the business but... heh... no.

-K

[/ QUOTE ]

Study study study. If you want to partner up and look at HHs or whatever, let me know.

I'm also reading SSHE for the 4th time, this time outlining the entire thing. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't wait to get the cards and chips into my hands.

I was SO tempted when someone posted that ad for that little corner of a poker table, complete with chips.

KO

P.S. That might be more incentive, is if my roll gets large enough I might could talk my wife into a Vegas trip. Or another Tahoe trip.
Old 06-09-2005, 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't wait to get the cards and chips into my hands.

I was SO tempted when someone posted that ad for that little corner of a poker table, complete with chips.

KO

P.S. That might be more incentive, is if my roll gets large enough I might could talk my wife into a Vegas trip. Or another Tahoe trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

eh? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2005, 08:17 PM

There was a link to an ad for a little corner of a poker table that you could put on your desk while playing online poker. It came with some chips... so you could practice chip tricks, etc.

It was very tempting.

KO
Old 06-09-2005, 08:20 PM

I gotcha now. I have a set of the 11 gram metal weighted chips that everyone is selling on ebay. I find that a nice thick pad of paper is soft enough to practice shuffling on. (And, when you get to a real table it's like butter.)