Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Any lessons to share at 2/4?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Wook I have one more 6max question. Can you 4 table 1/2 6max effectively. I jumped on Empire tonight and tried it, 6 max is obviously where all the donks are going, but I dropped like 25BB. I'm going to move down to 2 tables until I know that I'm beating the game, but I was just wondering if you are able to get to a point where you can 4 table effectively.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've just barely started 4 tabling. If you're just starting, I'd highly recommend playing no more than two tables. Eventually you'll be able to work up to three, and then 4, as you get more comfortable. The pace of 6 max is much faster, so it takes some getting used to.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Any lessons to share at 2/4?

I've been slowly transitioning from 1/2 to 2/4 over the last few months myself.

If you were doing a lot of blind stealing (35+ percent) and some blind defense at 1/2 then the game won't look all that different to you after a few hundred or a thousand hands.

The biggest thing I noticed was that you need to be more discriminating about value betting on the river. At 1/2 I would bet anything that I thought might be the best hand, or anytime I had been leading the betting and not encountered anyone playing back at me. At 2/4 I saw for the first time that people would mostly call the river when they could beat the obvious minimal hand that would be betting and fold if they couldn't. So you have to do a better job of reading the board and making sure there are some hands that could have been made that will feel compelled to call, but still lose to your TPTK type hands.