Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Only 1 woman left --- anyone know anything about her?

I'm not rooting for her. People who win race after race after race drive me crazy!
Old 07-13-2005, 01:53 PM

With that bio she is smarter than 98% of the people at the WSOP and 99% of the people on these boards (esteemed founders of course excluded) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] which means nothing in her chances to win it all.

I'm rooting for her (unknown story), Ivey (finally wins the big one story) or Matusow (train-wreck wins big then blows it all on drugs and hookers and is later arrested for tax evasion story).
Old 07-13-2005, 02:10 PM

She's horrible. Saying it would be good for poker if she won is gay. As is rooting for her.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:11 PM

how many races do you think every single final table player will have won over the week to make it through 5700 to get there.

Even if you get in as 70% or 80% favourite, its stil a race and a very long shot to get it through vast moajiry of times over the course of entire week
Old 07-13-2005, 02:22 PM

I think if she wins it will be good for poker. You will see so many new people playing poker because of this.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You will see so many new people playing poker because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many people are there really that are not already playing poker, but will start playing poker because x or y wins the Main Event?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if she wins it will be good for poker. You will see so many new people playing poker because of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. She is a black woman that lives in the UK.

There are many many many more people that would be better for poker than for her to win.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Her story from Gutshot (long and probably pointless)

[ QUOTE ]
Day 1a: Tiffany Williamson calls all-in on the river with pocket tens after Layne Flack (not in the hand) puts the clock on her. She scoops it and is up to $20,000. Board is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Check, Tiffany bets 10k, gets called. Turn is 2

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with her the first day, and witnessed this hand after just sitting down at the table. The board was in this order: 5 6 J 7 6. She got the clocked called on her on all three post-flop streets (she held TT, and her opponent kept betting at her with 88).

She eventually called an all-in bet on the river, which at the time made her look brilliant (though it was not necessarily a well-played hand). After watching her for a few more hours, it became pretty clear that she played *every* hand very slowly, and tended to get her money in with the worst of it, and check it down with the best of it.

She's obviously not a horrible player (to make it this far), but I can say without a doubt that she's far from world-class.

That said, she seemed very nice, and poker can always use more nice people to represent it...

-Aces
Old 07-13-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Her story from Gutshot (long and probably pointless)

Here's an article written earlier today by one of Gutshot's writers on Tiffany.

Kevin...
Old 07-13-2005, 03:18 PM

She will not win. From what I have seen of the hand histories and reports, she is a worse player than anyone who has won the WSOP except Fowler.

I like the play of reraising allin for 23 x pot with AQo. She got called by AK and doubled up with a straight.