Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Moss to be traded

[ QUOTE ]
Harris will most likely be the starting middle linebacker, but he "weakened as the year went on," according to Silver and Black Illustrated’s 2004 season in review.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so we're trading the best WR ever for a linebacker who "will most likely be the starter" WTF! Now I'm pissed. Why the hell don't they get woodson for him!?!?!?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, so we're trading the best WR ever

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Jerry Rice someone I made up in my mind during a bad acid trip?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jeez, the Raiders re-signed Porter yesterday also, right? Moss, Porter, Curry, Gabriel... Too bad Kerry Collins is still the QB.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh, kerry may not be a great overall quaterback but few throw the deep ball as good as he does, and that's all he'll really need to throw.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Harris will most likely be the starting middle linebacker, but he "weakened as the year went on," according to Silver and Black Illustrated’s 2004 season in review.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, so we're trading the best WR ever for a linebacker who "will most likely be the starter" WTF! Now I'm pissed. Why the hell don't they get woodson for him!?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely. I'll be very pissed if they do indeed trade Moss for Harris.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Moss doesn't block down field/ does so very poorly. Thats part of a wide recievers job.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just not true anymore. Randy has become a much better blocker than he was earlier in his career. He puts a lot more effort into opening things up downfield for his teammates. Do you watch a lot of Vikings games?

[ QUOTE ]
3) he doesn't do [censored] for conditioning, not a good teammate, etc etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sense is that this is wrong as well, although obviously I have no personal knowledge to back this up. I remember reading articles in local papers about all the work he put in last offseason down in Florida. He came to camp ready to play.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:23 PM

If Moss even lasts CLOSE to as long as Jerry has (and if we rightfully ignore the last, say 3 seasons Jerry's played) then I believe people will be putting Randy and Jerry in the same breath. Time will tell if Randy is the best ever, but come on. Nobody changes the game like he does today.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did the Vikes lose Linehan as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah, he took the coordinator job in Miami, making more $ than Tice does now as head coach.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1) Moss doesn't block down field/ does so very poorly. Thats part of a wide recievers job.

2) His routes across the middle are average, at best. In specific, short slants and crossing patterns. His deep posts are much better than average.

3) He plays when he wants to play, he's egomaniacal, he doesn't do [censored] for conditioning, not a good teammate, etc etc etc.

I find points 1 and 2 much more important than 3 and think its ridiculous that they're not considered by most when this discussion comes up. Moss CAN have the biggest impact on a game, but I would hate for him to be on my team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask anybody on the Vikings about #3, and they'll tell you that if you can get past his sometimes questionable antics, they love having the guy on their team. Ask Cris Carter about Randy's conditioning, and he'll tell you its second-to-none.

And as far as egomaniacal - if that's what you've got against him, you could probably never watch pro sports again.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're probably right Clark, and maybe its just after seeing how much TO changed a team around and how he performed so consistently well in every game until he was hurt, then the way he came back in the Super Bowl.

[/ QUOTE ]

But he did get hurt, and even with him IIRC they won the same # of games as the previous two years. They got to the Super Bowl without him. They could have lost the Super Bowl without him also. He definitely had a great year, but when it's all said and done, if he had never been on the team nothing would have been different this year.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody changes the game like he does today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of 5 people off the top of my head who can "change a game like he does":

1. Peyton Manning
2. McNabb
3. T.O.
4. Vick
5. Tomlinson

I'm not arguing that he is a great player (hell, I would love to have him on my team) but to say he is the best receiver EVER is a bit premature.