Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: HU Question

If there are two evenly matched expert players, the one who does not open fold will have an edge, as the other will adjust accordingly.

Against a retard, it won't work, because they will not pay attention.

I think this move is best suited if you're playing against paranoid schizophrenics. Your open-folding 2% of the time, will make them think that 75% of the time you check the flop, you will raise if they bet.

If you're an orderly in a mental institution, this could be gold.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you're an orderly in a mental institution, this could be gold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Classic.

Actually, it's easier to make this play live. You can stare your opponent down before folding and drive him NUTS.

Online, it's a pain in the ass. Not only do you gain next to nothing, but you have to click YES to "Checking is free, are you sure you want to fold?" every friggin time.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are two evenly matched expert players, the one who does not open fold will have an edge

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Sounds like the open-folder probably needs to be three times the player as his opponent to win the match.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If there are two evenly matched expert players, the one who does not open fold will have an edge

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Sounds like the open-folder probably needs to be three times the player as his opponent to win the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-30-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not beautiful, kind of silly actually. imo, admiralfluff is entirely right. i dont understand why you mock him by using some random 3x figure and i dont understand why everyone supports you for that.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:10 PM

Hmmm. You or I am misintrepreting El D's post (and I'm pretty sure it is you).

I took his post as clever comment on the relative skill of the two players involved in the HU match, which were, coincidentally, Schneids and El Diablo.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not beautiful, kind of silly actually. imo, admiralfluff is entirely right. i dont understand why you mock him by using some random 3x figure and i dont understand why everyone supports you for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? I am not mocking him. I agree w/ him completely and believe the non-open-folder has as large as a 3:1 edge. It would be near-impossible for the open-folder to come out on top in this match unless he is many times better than his opponent.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:00 PM

sorry for misunderstanding you then, but i am still confused.

why do you say he needs to be 3 times the opponent to win the match? i dont understand how you arrived at that number and so it seemed like sarcasm to me. openfolding only gives you a small disadvantage in the match, but a disadvantage nonetheless. the magnitude of the disadvantage is of course entirely dependant on how often you openfold. why 3:1?
Old 10-31-2005, 12:50 PM

Just an estimate, man. Might be a little off.