Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: My poker progression

no, 60k total at 30/60.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
stinky I see 2 reasons for not posting stats:

1. people are going to RIGHT away claim "come back in 100k hands"

2. why would I post stats when I play against half the forum? that's like shooting yourself in the foot.

my BB/100 over the first 20k hands was 1BB/100 and now it's 3BB/100 over the last 40k hands.

Hope that's sufficient for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's not shooting yourself in the foot any more than you already have by making your original post. besides, most of the serious 30/60 players here have enough stats on you that it would make very little difference.

also, why post your winrate at all if you're worried about people saying "come back in 100k hands"? that's all they need to tell you that.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Some questions to Alex Re: My poker progression

thanks a lot. I appreciate it.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Barron I am not sure what annoys me more: "you suck" or "oh you need 324235235345k hands to really know".

You're saying 60k hands isn't big enough sample. In fact, you are prolly going to say "need at least 100k".

I've heard that for a while now. What's interesting is that I've played maybe 150k hands total and my winning has been consistent on every limit every month. Now how does someone winning at every limit he plays not knowing he's a winning player?

Or you're suggesting my winrate is going to break in half because 25/18 isn't the optimal strategy? You know, even if it does, that's still quite a number, but I doubt that's happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you've come accross a style that suits you.

good job and keep at it.

Barron
Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 PM

hi,

i'd like to take a stab at each points:

1) LOL
2) LOL
3) LOL
4) LOL
LOL

please everyone, would you please all play 32/28, that's the best thing you can do for yourselves. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

- Kenny
Old 09-14-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Barron I am not sure what annoys me more: "you suck" or "oh you need 324235235345k hands to really know".

You're saying 60k hands isn't big enough sample. In fact, you are prolly going to say "need at least 100k".

I've heard that for a while now. What's interesting is that I've played maybe 150k hands total and my winning has been consistent on every limit every month. Now how does someone winning at every limit he plays not knowing he's a winning player?

Or you're suggesting my winrate is going to break in half because 25/18 isn't the optimal strategy? You know, even if it does, that's still quite a number, but I doubt that's happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you've come accross a style that suits you.

good job and keep at it.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

ahem, i believe 39/28 to be even superior. can anyone (everyone) try it out for a considerable period of time and let me know if it works?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 PM

I think Alex is a little better at reading people and making adjustments than some of you guys are giving him credit for. I also think he's pretty good at handling adversity. We were playing HU on a 2p2 15/30 table for quite a long time and he got stuck $1500 vs me rather quickly, but didn't back down or shrivel up. Instead he kept playing and said he was staying until he got his money back. I quit up $300 but knowing that he had made enough adjustments to the point where if I had an edge it was minimal.

Also, has it been mentioned anywhere in this thread how many people are typically at Alex's tables? 25/18 is substantially different if the avg is 7.5 vs 9.5.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:23 PM

I agree with everything you said about Alex based on what I have seen.

One thing I noticed in the 6 max 2 plus 2 game that I was watching some time ago was that he was playing way more aggressively (IMO, to his detriment) as compared to how he plays in the ring games.

Anyway, as I have already said, I think he is a heckuva player and I certainly don't relish having him at my table.

I don't quite get his comment though that a 22/11 guy can't win. I don't know how my stats appear to my opponents (obviously) but my own PT stats for the 30 game shows me to be about 17/10 and I have been doing pretty well. I was at exactly 22/11 in the 15 games and did well there too.

These VPIP/PFR stats within a range are meaningless. What matters is if the guy is at 13/6 (a pushover) or 40/17 (a pushover in a different way).
Old 09-14-2005, 04:26 PM

Alex, i agree with some of what you said.

Dont sweat the off color remarks.

I think that at a certain point people become annoyed with anything that isn't on the nuclear physicist level of poker.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with everything you said about Alex based on what I have seen.

One thing I noticed in the 6 max 2 plus 2 game that I was watching some time ago was that he was playing way more aggressively (IMO, to his detriment) as compared to how he plays in the ring games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The private games are just for fun. I am a lot more aggressive in them because everyone at the table is a lot more aggressive. People tend to want to "[censored] you over" and then flash 24o at 2+2 tables. So you really have to kick it up a notch not to just get slammed.

Of course I go overbaord with it for most part, but it's also the fun of the game for me. If I sit down at a 2+2 table and play 17VPIP like some losers actually have, we might as well not have these games to begin with. They're for fun, not profit.

Does that mean you should play like an idiot? No. But it does mean you should loosen up a lil and have some fun.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't quite get his comment though that a 22/11 guy can't win. I don't know how my stats appear to my opponents (obviously) but my own PT stats for the 30 game shows me to be about 17/10 and I have been doing pretty well. I was at exactly 22/11 in the 15 games and did well there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

My problem with 22/11 is that... You are limping, and doing it a lot. I am not even sure what you guys are limping in with, but it's strange. MAYBE you folks choose your tables carefully where there's a lot of people playing and VPIP is high. So you adjust by raising fewer hands and limping in with more, but I found that to never be the case with 30/60.

Why would you waste a small bet to *oh I didn't flop it, gotta fold*, as opposed to raise and risk an extra bet there to thin the field down and quite possibly win.

[ QUOTE ]

These VPIP/PFR stats within a range are meaningless. What matters is if the guy is at 13/6 (a pushover) or 40/17 (a pushover in a different way).

[/ QUOTE ]

You do have a valid point. But I think there is quite a difference between 25/18 for example, and 21/11. Between 21/15 and 25/18, probably not as much.

I don't mean to get into a VPIP battle with anyone since I do agree it's sorta meaningless, but when people are sitting there and their VPIP is 15-18, I feel like they're really ruining the tables with their play, let alone having poor skills of playing anything marginal (wait a sec when does that ever occur if you only play AA-A10...)

And thanks to Schneids on the kind words - and it only happened because I sent him 50$ over aim.