Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: My name is PokerBob, and 10/20 abuses me

[ QUOTE ]
but i find myself in many more "wtf do i do now situatiions" than i have in the past

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, to a large degree, a symptom of running badly IMO. Hope things turn around for you soon.

Nigel
Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 PM

Default Re: Not sure what this indicates, if anything......

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sexy for eveyone!!! rejoice in the sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is easily the most important post in all of 2+2 in a long long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is easily the best post you've ever made. I read the whole thing! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You should not fold 40% in BB to a steal. Standard on these boards seem to be in the 55-60 range, a bit lower for good players. I think 55-60 is a good number for you.

Folded sb to steal should be in the ~85 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

What type of numbers are people seeing when filtering for "steal attempted anbd called/re-raised"?

My suspicion is that the standard on 2+2 involves folding the blinds too much given the high ASB's of most players, but when I tried to get a discussion going on mid-high but nobody was interested, maybe I can get one going here.

Nigel
Old 09-02-2005, 11:26 PM

I haven't taken the 10/20 plunge yet, but I've got to believe that:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
vpip - 22.9
pfr - 15.5
att2steal - 31.5
wenttoSD - 33.7
won$SD - 47.9

[/ QUOTE ]

it's just not possible to be bad enough to have stats like this when you're running neutral. you're running bad. very very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anytime my WTSD is reasonable (and yours is - and may in fact be low) and my W$SD is that low, I know I am running like a person very, very unsexy.
Old 09-03-2005, 12:57 AM

Others think that only folding 40% in BB is a bit loose, but it has worked so far for me. Just catching stealer out of line once and getting paid makes up for at least 5 or 6 check/folds. I think that this happens that often. [My bets/100 in BB is (.09)]

I fold 85% in SB. KTo is a fold against a reasonable CO...unless I'm in the mood to have fishy BB call 2 and 3-bet.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yow! That's pretty loose. If someone says they are having a bad run and are constantly being put in tough spots by tricky aggressive opponents, I would say that playing more bad hands out of position is not the answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. But it does seem like when you take a flop w/ them, a lot of these guys will not ever fold before river and it is not that unusual to win 6 or 7 SBs to compensate for all the whiffs. Some of these guys seem to take it personally when taken out of the lead.

Perhaps I will not feel that way after another 100k hands...I only have about 50k in 10/20 so far
Old 09-03-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Others think that only folding 40% in BB is a bit loose, but it has worked so far for me. Just catching stealer out of line once and getting paid makes up for at least 5 or 6 check/folds. I think that this happens that often. [My bets/100 in BB is (.09)]

I fold 85% in SB. KTo is a fold against a reasonable CO...unless I'm in the mood to have fishy BB call 2 and 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pheasant,

Is you (.09) your overall in the BB? What's your WR when you filter for steal attempted?

Nigel