Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Re: What movie?......

[ QUOTE ]
I would like a sequel to see if they would make changes for the "newer" age of poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

SCENE 1: A pasty college kid sits in front of a bank of 32 large monitors in a messy & smelly dorm bedroom.

.....I don't like the way this story is going.....
Old 11-25-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a prequel, but Peter Jackson really does need to film "The Hobbit".

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that is on the distant horizon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard they were having problems over film rights..... I hope it does get made, and it needs to be made sooner rather than later: Ian McKellan is now 66, for starters.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ghostbusters 3 is happening, I think, with Ben Stiller.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't even know there was a Ghostbusters 2.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:59 AM

Harold and Kumar Go to Whitecastle.

Supposedly one is going to be made, but I haven't heard for sure filming has actually started. Could go either way so far, I think.

Oh, and a sequel to The Matrix would be great! They can throw those other two out.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would say Rounders. Now, before I get flamed for mentioning poker, I would like to explain. I think the movie is pretty crappy now, though I liked it when I was 21. I would like a sequel to see if they would make changes for the "newer" age of poker.

I would also like to see a Godfather 4. Not, because I think it would be good, but because I argue with a lot of my friends that their can only be one Don in that movie and he has died. But, some of my moron friends think Andy Garcia would make a good Don. Yeah, right.

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the youth of Sonny Corleone would be the only fertile ground there.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, even then, he would be just like Pesci. What made Michael so great was that he didn't really think with his heart. Plus, how could Garcia be as "cold" and "soul less" as Pacino was. Plus, Vito Corleone and Michael Corleone were very smart. One of my favorite lines is in 2 when, Michael tells all the businessmen and mobsters that the Cuban rebels could win. It seems he would have a deeper understanding than Andy Garcia. If Garcia plays the Don, I would rather see Jim Carrey. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 09:48 AM

I am also going to add the Professional as a sequel. I would like to know if Matilda becomes a hit man (woman). But, more importantly, I would like to see how the writers bring back Gary Oldman. IMO, that movie is nothing without him. So, I wouldn't want to see it because I think it would be good, but because it would be so corny when they bring Oldman back.

I am already thinking they need to make a "Walk The Line 2". I have not seen Walk The Line yet, but it is PG-13. I don't know how they will discuss the drug use in a PG-13 movie. And I don't think you can leave that off. That is so much what makes Cash, for better or for worse, Cash.

craig
Old 11-25-2005, 09:58 AM

This is going to be way out in left field, but I would like to see a sequel to Nosferatu, the Werner Herzog one starring Klaus Kinski and Bruno Ganz and Isabel Adjani(god she was hot back then). A sequel in almost any fashion.

That movie was so stylish, I would just love to see a horror film as evocative, ever again.

And I'd like to see where Jonathan goes galloping off to, how he adapts to his becoming a vampire. I'm not one of these vampire cult goofballs, but the Jonathan in that movie was so quietly proper and un-vampirelike, and I'd like to see a sort of "Interview with the Vampire" take on him, on what it was like from the vampire's point of view with someone more interesting than Tom Cruise. How does a non-movie-star adapt to being a monster? Where does he roam? All of which sounds like a 99% probability of a terrible movie, but I think Herzog could be the type who could pull it off.

Now that I think of it, I just want to see a lot more Herzog, too.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:00 AM

Isabel Adjani - I'd forgotten her! She was the Monica Belluci of her day...

And didn't I already suggest Bubba Nosferatu? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2005, 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What movie would like to see a sequel made? Or for that matter a 3rd or 4th if already there. Mine are....

Boondock Saints
Ghostbusters 3
Nat'l Lampoons Van Wilder 2 (Life after Coolidge)

[/ QUOTE ]
Bookdock Saints 2 is currently filming. GB3 is not happening per Harold Ramis' latest comments.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What with all the negative portrayals of the us military in movies recently I think we need a sequel to the movie once called 'the best recruitment tool we've ever had' by senior military officials, Top Gun. Tom Cruise can return, but as an instructor, filling the Viper role.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just watched Top Gun again last night (for the 10th time this month already...damned HBO), and was thinking how they could do this. And my conclusion was....they can't. Just leave it as-is. You cannot catch that Rick Rossovich/Whip Hubley/Clarence Gilyard Jr./Adrian Pasdar lightning in a bottle twice. And Tom Skerritt was absolutely [censored] PERFECT in that role. Somebody start up a Top Gun thread. I can talk about this all day.