Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2005, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Money Question

Dearest Zeno,

With you il-gotten funds, let me recommend the following:

1. Smith & Wesson 340pd. Great gun. I love mine, but if you shoot too many .357, you are going to need #2 & 3. Cost: $750. Remaining bankroll: $700

2. Bottle of Booker's. Cost: $50. Remaining bankroll: $650.

3. Vino for Zeno. Order from Michaud Vineyards, http://www.michaudvineyard.com/

Get 2 bottles of each of the following:

2003 Marsanne. Beautiful white wine.
2001 Pinot Noir. Elegant.
2001 Sangiovese. Enjoy the best American Sangiovese with your next Italian feast!
2002 Syrah. Tremendous wine; big and peppery, though it needs some aging to be best.

Total Cost: 275 bucks. Remaining bankroll: $375

4. Lift ticket at Taos. Spring skiing at it's finest. Cost: $50. Remaining bankroll: $325.

5. Fine meal at your favorite restaurant with good company. Cost: $125. Remaining bankroll: $200.

This leaves you a little "Mad Money" that you can spend on whatever you want. I suggest lots of ammo, some Reidel wine glasses, a bottle of Armenian brandy, and some rabbit-eared philosophy books. Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wacki you like guns i am surprised? zeno i am surprised if you like guns too. why would you guys like them? they are stupid. zeno her is some good advice for you please take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever shot one? You seriously need to try Skeet/Trap shooting. Ray Zee, Zeno, JA Sucker, and many more well respected people on this forum are gun owners, and there is a good reason why. You should try it. Skeet trap shooting is dirt cheap, $9 is enough for 25 clays at my local gun club. They give you a gun, earplugs, shells, and 25 clays for 9 bucks. It's cheaper than golf and it's a lot of fun.

[ QUOTE ]
buy books, movies (or movie theatre), massages, and good diiner with your dough.

[/ QUOTE ]

My family just went out to a fancy restaurant as a going away event for my brother who is being sent off to Korea. The tab was over $1,000. The food was good, but not great. I honestly think that kind of stuff is a waste of money. If I was going to spend $1,000 on a meal I would much rather buy a plane ticket and have a $15 diner at the French Quarter. The food there is awesome!

Now that I think about it, none of my favorite restaurants have meals above $30, and most of the meals are below $20. Hell, Yats is $4.50 a meal! Those meals are cheap enough they don't really apply to Zeno's question IMO.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:30 PM

Very good post Sucker.

Zeno, if you are into wine, you have to buy futures. It saves you lots of money in the long run. You just won't get the wine for a year or two.
Old 03-21-2005, 06:07 PM

Light it on fire.

If you wouldn't feel comfortable doing that, then perhaps you should save it.

~D
Old 03-21-2005, 06:23 PM

http://www.actionaid.org
Old 03-21-2005, 06:35 PM

Um, Zeno was talking guns,booze and women. He wants to put the money to good use.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:39 PM

Futures are generally not any cheaper than the actual wine when it's first released. Often, to get the futures price, you need to be a member of the wine club or have purchased from them before. Usually, the futures purchase just enables you to get a bunch of it before it sells out. You do need to be careful with it, since even the best wineries have mediocre years, and in this regard you are gambling. Best thing is to find a winery or two that you really love and go to a barrel tasting of the wine. Then, you can purchase either the future or when it's just being released. Of course, you still have to wait to drink it.

Futures can save you money if you buy from "up and coming" vineyards, but IMO, the risk for swill is too great unless you have inside information, in which case you can probably get the same deal when the wine is ready to be released anyway.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:17 PM

Yeah, futures sound cool, but for those of us with minimal storage and budgets it seems like too much.

This thread did prompt me to call and get some more cabernet in tho. I can only store a few cases properly so I buy it and drink it and repeat. If I had massive cellar space and loads of money I'd be buying all kinds of stuff.

Also some of us just can't wait 2 years to get our grubby hands on it.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:33 PM

Buy an espresso machine with a top quality grinder (the grinder is just as, if not more, important than the machine). You'll never order an espresso-based drink while you're dining out ever again, which will save you lots of $$$. On top of that, if you truly learn the art of how to make an espresso, you'll be enjoying drinks that will put any barista to shame.

(If you'd like to look into it a little further, then check out www.wholelattelove.com or www.coffeegeek.com. Very good, all-around web sites on the subject, imo. But you're welcome to do your own google search for more.) [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2005, 09:46 PM

take a nice vacation.