Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: maybe interesting steal gone somewhat wrong 5/10

[ QUOTE ]
just asking what your move would be if a 5s or Ten of spades comes on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

you get to find that out (real turn was 5s) when i post my thoughts and the results...

fim
Old 08-29-2005, 03:41 AM

(montgomery burns) eeexcellent
Old 08-29-2005, 04:06 AM

if they are weak tight why don't you just bet 300 and if they come over the top then credit them for a big hand and chuck it. it seems like several people advocate going bonkos with this hand... vs weak tight players you have a lot of room to play this well. push the flop? wtf is that. bet enough so that you have to call an allin? huh??

these guys arent going to try to bluff you, so just bet 300 and hope that he called pf with set intentions and will just let you have it, and maybe he will get cute if he hit and just call on the flop.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:34 AM

why should we try to price ourselves out on one of the best flops for our steal hand?

this defeats the entire purpose of the steal and, more importantly, will make your blind steals in the future almost impossible against these players

how nitty is this bet fold line
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just asking what your move would be if a 5s or Ten of spades comes on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

you get to find that out (real turn was 5s) when i post my thoughts and the results...

fim

[/ QUOTE ]
If you have any money left, which I'm guessing you do, I sure as hell hope it went into the pot on the 5s turn.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:16 AM

My first instinct was that this is a perfect spot to check riase allin. I might not be able to do this play becuase it isnt a normal play for me and would look bizarre, but if Fim ever does this with a made hand and opponents have seen that, then this is the perfect opportunity to do it.

Going allin will not work if villan has AA KK or QQ. I think he would insta call any of those hands. Obviously he has a bigger hand range than that, but if Fim checks, hes betting to protect those hands and when the CR comes, he may let go of the AA KK for the extra 1000.

By betting out, those hands just wont fold (neither will AQ, but AK and mayyyybe JJ) and then you need to make your hand. I feel check raising gives the best fold equity in this spot and will get your monsters paid off should he call the allin CR
Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 AM

Haven't read the posts. I bet 300, everyone is playing so weak anyway. EMP has to have AA/KK/QQ to call you, when you reraise preflop you will take the pot down like 90% of the time when you pot the flop. I've started doing this a lot more frequently when there is a lot of dead money. People just can't bring themselves to call. If for some reason you think you are going to get played back at if you have been running over the table or anything like that then I probably bet tiny so I can 3-bet if I think my folding equity is greater with this option. If he will bet small on the turn if you both go check cehck on the flop, then check the flop and move in on the turn, there are so many paths you can take. In short, most won't call without a lock, just use your stack.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
some friends consider it a leak of mine sometimes, but i am firing off the second barrel on almost every turn. ace--push. spade--push. queen--push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a major leak that I have not fixed yet. If he calls the flop he is calling the turn. There will be 400+ 300 bet +300 call on the flop. He is not laying down. For me, and my image, this is a -ev play everytime I make it. i still haven't learned.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Haven't read the posts. I bet 300, everyone is playing so weak anyway. EMP has to have AA/KK/QQ to call you, when you reraise preflop you will take the pot down like 90% of the time when you pot the flop. I've started doing this a lot more frequently when there is a lot of dead money. People just can't bring themselves to call. If for some reason you think you are going to get played back at if you have been running over the table or anything like that then I probably bet tiny so I can 3-bet if I think my folding equity is greater with this option. If he will bet small on the turn if you both go check cehck on the flop, then check the flop and move in on the turn, there are so many paths you can take. In short, most won't call without a lock, just use your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

AZK this makes no sense. You think, (as do I) that he will have AA-QQ here most of the time. If this is true, leading the flop makes no sense because there is no way hell fold QQ or AA. He would need to have specifically KK to fold on the flop, and even then he might call. So the most successful way to have him fold AA or KK is to check raise the flop allin
Old 08-29-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
AZK this makes no sense. You think, (as do I) that he will have AA-QQ here most of the time. If this is true, leading the flop makes no sense because there is no way hell fold QQ or AA. He would need to have specifically KK to fold on the flop, and even then he might call. So the most successful way to have him fold AA or KK is to check raise the flop allin

[/ QUOTE ]

Not what I meant, I meant that he will only call you if he does in fact have one of these hands. Everything else will fold, since he doesn't necessarily have one of these hands, it's very profitable to bet so you can take down a nice sized pot with 8 high.