Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Best \'Trading Spouses\' episode ever

[ QUOTE ]
The youngest one was her grandchild.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the beginning. Did the oldest girl have her out of wedlock?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:32 PM

Must have.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are making me so proud. So happy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(I'm a casting director for this show).

By the way, it was hilarious the day the footage came in from Louisiana earlier this spring. We were all sitting there in the office doing our thing, and the editors came running into the casting department: "You guys have to come see this! Now!"

And we all dropped what we were doing and went into the bay to watch a full 30-minute tape of the raw footage from Magaret's freak-out. The 4 minutes that made it onto FOX was just a taste. It was so awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are evil geniuses. Do you ever feel bad about exploiting the mentally ill for our entertainment?

Do we know if her house was destroyed by Katrina?

Did you cast the Vegan lady who insisted that chickens have hopes and dreams?
Old 11-11-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] thAt vegan lady was a bitch, i feel bad for her children because she forces them to be vegan then she goes and eats meAt in louisana. she was also a huge dick to her husband, he should get a divorce

im downloading the crazy lady torrents now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are making me so proud. So happy. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

By the way, it was hilarious the day the footage came in from Louisiana earlier this spring. We were all sitting there in the office doing our thing, and the editors came running into the casting department: "You guys have to come see this! Now!"

And we all dropped what we were doing and went into the bay to watch a full 30-minute tape of the raw footage from Magaret's freak-out. The 4 minutes that made it onto FOX was just a taste. It was so awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please upload the whole video.

Is it always setup this way with two sort of opposing groups? I haven't seen the show before, but the previews that were on during the baseball playoffs sucked me into this episode.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are evil geniuses. Do you ever feel bad about exploiting the mentally ill for our entertainment?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Luckily, Rocket Science (the prod. company I work for that makes this show for FOX -- look for the logo at the end of the program) makes a lot of other, nicer reality shows. The ones we produced for the upcoming season are much sweeter, gearing towards a more positive overall FOX reality attitude. So yeah, sometimes they can be exploitive, but most of the time they're not.

In fact, the vast majority of families who have been on TS were delighted with the experience, and still send gift baskets and make phone calls in gratitude. One of the families from the first season calls me all the time just to say hey.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not; they're fine.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't find her -- but I did cast the family from that same season from Santa Cruz: they were a weird new age Yoga-practicing home-schooling home-gardening bluegrass-band-playing "cult." They actually weren't a cult; they were more normal than the editors portrayed them, and in fact very nice. It seems they were one of the few families who didn't come off on TV the way they actually are. Everyone else, we portray the truth. Some people just don't like looking in the mirror.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a full 30-minute tape of the raw footage from Magaret's freak-out. The 4 minutes that made it onto FOX was just a taste.

[/ QUOTE ]
PLEEEEEASE sell it to me.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I didn't find her -- but I did cast the family from that same season from Santa Cruz: they were a weird new age Yoga-practicing home-schooling home-gardening bluegrass-band-playing "cult." They actually weren't a cult; they were more normal than the editors portrayed them, and in fact very nice. It seems they were one of the few families who didn't come off on TV the way they actually are. Everyone else, we portray the truth. Some people just don't like looking in the mirror.

[/ QUOTE ] i dont remember that one and i think i have seen them all [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

anyone remember that family maybe from massachusets who has the kid that never showers and was a total dick lol

yea usually TS has 2 opposite families but a good amount of the time it seems like the kids benefit from the new "parent" or the parents benefit from seeing different households and how they run, while sometimes no one benefits
Old 11-11-2005, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you guys really steal the idea for this show from Dave Chapelle? Since Chapelle show aired a spoof of Trading spaces called Trading Spouses before you guys made this show?

I always wondered that.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not; they're fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a great one. The father came off really bad in that one. I didn't think they were a cult, just a subculture. He seemed to be very controlling, making every decision for his kids. The black woman that came to live with them was great.

They really do a great job of casting that show.