Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: My first 500 games as a pro

Last night, I played about 10 games where I could do no wrong. I'm sure when I was pushing around, there was about 4 or 5 people left. If those people want to risk taking 4th or 5th with a 60% shot to win, let them have at it. When I have a lot of the chips, I will be doing a lot of pushing around basically becuase no one wants to take 4th, especially in a fairly high buy in tourney. I can even begin to imagine how bubble play will turn out in the first higher step 5. Here is by basic idea about bubble play when I have about 1/2-1/3 of the chips..If I can go all in most hands and take the blinds uncontested that is fine, and if I can go all in and knoch out a guy when I have 94 aganist their A2, thats fine too. No hand is really that bad comp[ared to any other hand, unless they have AA or something actually "good." Hope this clears some things up.

Jcardshark
Old 04-25-2005, 05:01 PM

the bubble is softened quite a bit in the higher step 5. if there are people there that play correctly, they will loosen their calling requirements on the bubble, as they should, since its necessary to be playing for first to make money in them. holla
Old 04-25-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I can go all in most hands and take the blinds uncontested that is fine, and if I can go all in and knoch out a guy when I have 94 aganist their A2, thats fine too. No hand is really that bad comp[ared to any other hand, unless they have AA or something actually "good." Hope this clears some things up.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the 94 hand, I assume you mean you're calling a small stack's allin?
Old 04-25-2005, 05:21 PM

I have a sample size (from about 6-12 mos ago) of about 1.5k 200 sng and was around 11% ROI 4-tabling. ZJ's ROI 8 or 12 tabling or whatever is in single digits for sure, prolly closer to 5 than 10. I'd say 21% is not realistic and not sustainable, but I'd love for you to prove me wrong. Gigabet claims he can get his ROI near 20%, and there arent many better than him.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 PM

Results look great, if you can stay above double digits while 8-tabling you'll be living the good life, there aren't many people who can do that. I'm going to start 8-tabling and I also plan to move up to the 215s permantly within the next few weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:11 PM

Once the blinds got to 50/100, he pushed every hand he was 1st in, less maybe 5 or 10. Doubt he was doing that with the best hand, but I didn't see many of them. When he started, he had about 1500-ish in chips, and managed to steal the blinds 3 or 4 times before somebody had a hand they felt like calling with. That time he had an AT off, caller had AKs and he hit his 10. Now he has 2600-ish in chips. I think I saw him call an all in one time, he called with K2 off and caught a couple 2s, if I remember right.
Pusher had 76suited, and was really short-stacked. And it wasn't a call, he pushed all in.

It was an amazing display of the application of "1st in, all in wins" against a bunch of players that wanted to last to the money. Nobody wanted to call, and when they did, they got spanked.

I have him in my notes, not that I'll ever be playing the 200s.

Anyway, the point was that he would more probably be pushing 94 than calling with it.

Regards,

Gar
Old 04-25-2005, 06:50 PM

the time I called with K2s, the other guy had like 3bb and it wasnt a whole lot more to me. I did get lucky with the AT aganist AK but I didnt think anyone would call. I guess 1st in does win usually. Once you steal the blinds enough, you are basically on a freeroll when you do get called.

Jcardshark