Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 12:17 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: What are my chances?

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you the guy that used to post crazy conspiracy theories about cheating online?

No, I'm not talking about Russ from RGP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and you must be one of the uptights with no sense of sarcasm....
Old 10-25-2005, 12:19 PM

I do believe all the Truepoker CEO said, was that his company would give one of their top customers the benefit of the doubt in a case like this. Not sure why this reasonable answer deserves a flame in response.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do believe all the Truepoker CEO said, was that his company would give one of their top customers the benefit of the doubt in a case like this. Not sure why this reasonable answer deserves a flame in response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you if this were the only time CEO had posted somehting like that, but he's constantly doing ir, everytime a site does something questionnable, he's out there telling us his site would take care of us.
If that is the case, why is nobody playing at his site? Give us a break, we have gotten the message, TP cares about customers (or so they say) except me of course. Then again, how much can we trust a site that treat customers differently, according on how much customers criticise it or his CEO?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:39 PM

You wrote; "I remember a tourney you held for 2+2s some years ago when everything went wrong and you had to cancel. As I remember you refunde everyone, but refused to discuss the matter with us (it's ok, everybody can behave badly here and there). What I don't recall is other sites posting that your site sucked (wich it doesn't btw)"

I remember that tournament as well. One of our hosts thought he was fixing something that was not broke, while it was in progress. That stopped the tables from collapsing and the tourney turned into one table shootouts.

We not only refunded everyone, my recollection is that we also paid prizes out to the table finishers.

Our general policy is that when we screw something up, we make the players more than whole.

As for saying that some other site "sucked" I have never done that. (I re-read my post above and I never said one bad thing about Party.) It was a bit unusual for me to enter a thread which was negative about treatment of a player's issue. But, ask yourself William, why would offering a different view on how it might be handled bothers you ?

With respect to your original post, sorry, but you were engaged in some ad hominem attack on me, my work and also on our business, which had little to do with anything specific I had posted.

(I do appreciate your subsequent concession that Truepoker doesn't "suck'.)

Truepoker CEO
Old 10-25-2005, 06:17 PM

Dear Brian,

After spending hours thoroughly reviewing the hand, we have determined that your win was not guaranteed and thus am unable to compensate you for your loss. It is recommended that you contact player LuckBoxLLC01 or your internet provider and try to negotiate a deal for your $763. Also, to avoid these kinds of situations in the future, I strongly encourage you to take advantage of our disconnect-protectt feature, which enables a player to go all-in when he/she is disconnected. Don't forget to try out our new exciting sidebets and blackjack tables! Enjoy!

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Dilan Dikshit
Poker Customer Care
Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would hate to have our relationship sour and need to take my business elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very poor spot to bluff.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:59 PM

Ok, I just don't like it when other people take advantage of somebody elses misfortune and I get quite agressive. I am the first one to admit it.

Don't take me too seriously when I write somethig, even if it sounds like a serious attack. A common mistake many "simple" minds often do in here.

You have a nice site and to tell the truth, I have always wondered whay it is not more successfull.

Please accept my apologies if I have offended you and I wish you the best of luck both to you and TruePoker.

William
Old 10-25-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Brian,

After spending hours thoroughly reviewing the hand, we have determined that your win was not guaranteed and thus am unable to compensate you for your loss. It is recommended that you contact player LuckBoxLLC01 or your internet provider and try to negotiate a deal for your $763. Also, to avoid these kinds of situations in the future, I strongly encourage you to take advantage of our disconnect-protectt feature, which enables a player to go all-in when he/she is disconnected. Don't forget to try out our new exciting sidebets and blackjack tables! Enjoy!

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Dilan Dikshit
Poker Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey party support, I was thinking why your posts crack me up everytime, then I got it. Then I went back and re-read some of the messages I got from party and it's like, you might as well write them yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] good gimmick account.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:09 PM

1) BK, I assume that if you were multi-tabling, your DPs got used up at other tables before getting to this one. This has happened to me on multiple sites - I disconnect while playing 3 or 4 tables and my DPs get used up in meaningless small pots and my hand killed in the big pot. Sucks, but just part of the game.

2) If this is what happened, I do not think you are owed a thing. This is just part of playing internet poker, just like a dealer accidentally mucking your hand in B&M. Your connection disconnected, and that's a risk of this game. I have lost thousands due to this. Part of the cost of Internet poker.

3) If Party screwed up and you were single-tabling w/ DPs available, of course you are owed this money. If this is the case, I am near 100% certain Party will give you the money.

4) Even if it was not Party's fault, I think you have a reasonable chance of getting the money from Party. I am aware of multiple situations where Party has "made things right" out of their own pocket for loyal customers. Once involving me, other times for people I know directly.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:12 PM

PS: nice job getting all those bets in pre-river w/ King-high.