Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: week 5 \"What we learned\" post

[ QUOTE ]
i know you're a sharp god moderator and i'm just a square homer who bets 5 dollars a game, but puh-leeeze

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like it when people don't get on their knees and revere the team that is the Philadelphia Eagles, do you?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So Dallas beating the hell out of Philly didn't tell anybody anything? IMO, it didn't say nearly as much about Dallas as it did about Philly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Philly will have trouble winning the east. Any of the four could win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - gotta dig this one up in january

[/ QUOTE ]

Philly is still the fav to win the division but i think the east is the toughest division in the nfc, so the statement isnt totaly out of whack.

[/ QUOTE ]

once the teams are deep into divisional play would be a proper time to make such a statement - at the moment philly has played 1 nfc east game
Old 10-11-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i know you're a sharp god moderator and i'm just a square homer who bets 5 dollars a game, but puh-leeeze

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like it when people don't get on their knees and revere the team that is the Philadelphia Eagles, do you?

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the right answer here?
Old 10-11-2005, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whats the right answer here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying you get incredibly offended anytime someone doesn't gush over them like you do. I realize you probably know them better than anyone on this board, and your results speak for themselves, but couldn't you tone it down just a bit. I don't think tech was attacking you.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just saying you get incredibly offended anytime someone doesn't gush over them like you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly not the case, as i dont get offended about sports teams - passionate about philadelphia sports teams yes, but shedding a tear over peoples opinions on sports teams inside or outside the computer, no thanks - this doesnt mean i wont attempt to tear your head off at the bar if you're rooting for the other team though, thats just philly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anywho - my comments were really not attacking anyone... i just dont see what the game last week 'tells someone a lot more about philly' - and i used an example from last year, using the same team, to illustrate my point

i hope that doesnt offend you

if you're talking about the harsh tone in the last couple lines in my post to tech, that has nothing to do with the philadelphia sports teams, more a personal thing, whoops i guess
Old 10-11-2005, 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm just saying you get incredibly offended anytime someone doesn't gush over them like you do.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly not the case, as i dont get offended about sports teams - passionate about philadelphia sports teams yes, but shedding a tear over peoples opinions on sports teams inside or outside the computer, no thanks - this doesnt mean i wont attempt to tear your head off at the bar if you're rooting for the other team though, thats just philly [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

anywho - my comments were really not attacking anyone... i just dont see what the game last week 'tells someone a lot more about philly' - and i used an example from last year, using the same team, to illustrate my point

i hope that doesnt offend you

if you're talking about the harsh tone in the last couple lines in my post to tech, that has nothing to do with the philadelphia sports teams, more a personal thing, whoops i guess

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I didn't realize there was a history. Just to let you know though, in the 3+1 challenge, my $400 pick was "Eagles, because CCx told me to." I think I'm 2-14 on the year.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:58 PM

There is a huge difference between getting pounded by Pittsburgh last year and getting pounded by Dallas. Surely it doesn't take a sharp godlike moderator to see that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize there was a history. Just to let you know though, in the 3+1 challenge, my $400 pick was "Eagles, because CCx told me to." I think I'm 2-14 on the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think there's a history per se, but there's a little big al in all of us sometimes

i cried inside when i saw how many people picked the eagles, and how many picked them with the $400 pick including myself obviously

i dont know how to handle myself on the bye week, unless there are some good games on national tv, sunday should be borderline pointless around here - no point in heading to the bar
Old 10-12-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmmm, you are gonna have to help me with this one. I didn't realize there was any bad blood between us. In fact, I can't think of anything at all.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a huge difference between getting pounded by Pittsburgh last year and getting pounded by Dallas. Surely it doesn't take a sharp godlike moderator to see that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

as much as i'd looove to have this discussion with you, maybe in the morning as its past my bedtime, i will say this - i see (in 20/20 hindsight) many similarities in the two games that have nothing to do with the talent levels of the teams involved