Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 02:06 PM

Default Re: anyone see this? DN lays down KK preflop..

He felt he was behind, and he still had 100X the big blind left in his stack to make some plays. Maybe I'm the only one here who thinks tournaments don't revolve around a hand played in the first 3 levels???

Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?

Is David Chiu and idiot for his laydown? I mean, that was 3 handed!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:33 PM

well, you could make an argument for either folding or calling. Absent the knowledge of the action on the hand i would have folded too and without much hesitation
Old 09-22-2005, 03:28 PM

well, everyone knew he had Kings after he said "I never laid down this hand in my life". So it wasnt very helpful. After that comment by DN, the only thing that QQ guy said that he would show the hand. This was one more thing that made me even more confident he didnt have Aces
Old 09-22-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Couldn't he of said something along the lines of "You realize I have kings here", then his opponent would of probably given off some sort of sign of weakness, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is against the rules to say specifically what your hand is before the money is in the pot. He could make the Hullmuthian statement, "I don't think you understand how strong I am here."
Old 09-22-2005, 03:39 PM

i dont know if there is a rule against saying what your hand is. I know that you cant show your hand without calling or folding it. But when DN said: "I never laid this hand down before" noone had a doubt as to what he had
Old 09-22-2005, 03:07 PM

well, i was at the table and i was the one to make an initial raise. I knew the guy didnt have aces right away cause he popped the pot 10x with only me and a calling station in it. Also, after moving all-in the guy started saying: I got u beat, your hand can't be better than mine, etc. This banter also made me scratch my head and coupled with the monster bet I put him on AK, QQ or JJ.
But DN was in a tough situation. He didnt wanna leave that early considering he lost half his stack on first hand of the tourney and wanted to pick a better spot. so it was very understandable.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:59 PM

maybe I'm a complete fish -

but if a guy goes all in and keeps telling me I can't beat his hand and I should fold, that is almost a given to me that he doesn't want a call -

and then again, a REAL pro would use that reverse tell to induce me to call...

RB
Old 09-23-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'm a complete fish -

but if a guy goes all in and keeps telling me I can't beat his hand and I should fold, that is almost a given to me that he doesn't want a call -

and then again, a REAL pro would use that reverse tell to induce me to call...

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

When the pot is that big, and I have AA, there is always a part of me that just wants the guy to go away.

I think the story is great. Daniel cannot be 100% accurate, but his vibes have served him pretty well.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:35 PM

I think a guy like DN can lay down KK a lot easier than the rest of us mortals because he doesn't have to wait for big hands to build a chip stack.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a guy like DN can lay down KK a lot easier than the rest of us mortals because he doesn't have to wait for big hands to build a chip stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would think DN's image as a loose action player actually makes it harder for him to lay down KK. The chance that his opponents are playing back at him for all their chips with borderline hands is a lot higher than if he were Dan Harrington.