Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Another funky limp re-raise

Two questions: one, do you think this would be a better idea if you're the big stack at the table? two, is it more profitable, in your opinion, to do this to tight players?
Old 07-12-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one, do you think this would be a better idea if you're the big stack at the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it is a better idea with deeper stacks. You being the table captain or whatever with a stack which towers over everyone else should have no effect, I don't think. Maybe psychologically it will make people more likely to fold, maybe less likely, I really don't know. When you can make people put 200BBs on the line, though, that certainly makes people more likely to fold.

[ QUOTE ]
two, is it more profitable, in your opinion, to do this to tight players?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. The best people to do this to are people who are aggro (and therefore likely to be stealing with their initial raise) but also weak (and therefore likely to fold). Luckily, there are plenty of weak aggro floating around Party. The problem if they are tight is that they will probably have a very top notch hand if they are raising big out of the blinds especially. For instance, if I were the SB in this hand and someone pulled this crap against me, they would almost certainly be pushed on preflop. I'm not raising a bunch of limpers out of the blinds without a hand I'm willing to get all in with, in general.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:20 PM

all this talk about former students of mine getting "behind" each other makes me proud
Old 07-12-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
all this talk about former students of mine getting "behind" each other makes me proud

[/ QUOTE ]

in the father type way or pimp type way? or.. both?