Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: WHY GOD WHY

I'm not big on hard cider. I do like regular old non-alcoholic cider.

See my comments on lambics elsewhere in this thread.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:51 PM

In 1990 I was probably playing freeze tag with my cool 5 year old kindergarten friends [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Do you like couch cushions?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:03 PM

Uh, yeah, I don't get this, and I don't get the Crisco thing, either. Not that I object or anything.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not totally true of course, but I imagine a large, large number of skin players were actually grinders who wanted RB, so I think it's trimming the fat to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

or just guys like me that might beat say the 30 for a little played the 10/20 6 max or 109s sngs and used rakeback as about 25% of the income and paid the bills with it. now...bah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does party not offer rakeback? I assume all the bad players are on party becuase of their advertising, etc.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:21 AM

you can still get that which cannot be mentioned at Party y'all. check the affiliates/rakeback forum for clues.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 AM

since most people who were skin players have migrated over to Party, what has been your impression?

2/4 seems like a rock garden. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Boy, has this become a hijack'd thread, but I agree...
[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmm....beer.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I cashed out of my Empire account just now until we find out what's going on; the stud tables are dead today. Just learned Stars has a Reload Bonus so I'll be there for a little while.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Empire has announced a 100% reload bonus (10x) starting tomorrow (10/11 - 11/19) up to $700 (a much better bonus than Stars' 25% up to $600; for low limits Stars takes a great deal longer than 10x). Check out the links in the "Internet Bonuses" forum. Since the site is nearly dead right now (for stud anyway), I suspect that it will become lively once again, although full of whores creating a rock garden situation.

On Empire's site, they state to expect a major announcement soon, and many are guessing in the "Internet Bonuses" forum a possible pullout from Party altogether and joining Noble Poker. Anyone know anything about Noble as far as size, players, etc.?

Both Stars and Empire are requiring that no withdrawls during the bonus period are acceptable without voiding the bonus (unless the bonus has been completed); usually you could deposit funds and withdraw them after 24 or 48 hours without affecting the bonus.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Empire has announced a 100% reload bonus (10x) starting tomorrow (10/11 - 11/19) up to $700 (a much better bonus than Stars' 25% up to $600; for low limits Stars takes a great deal longer than 10x).

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I misquoted the Empire bonus--it's a 100% to $100 and an upcoming $700 bonus for an unkown % at this time; an announcement is to come later...

Link
Old 10-10-2005, 03:37 PM

Online poker is now a competitive market, as such the sites need to offer competitive deals. So how about no rake back, just cap all rake at $1 almost the same thing. The sites needs winning players to stay afloat, winning players start games and winning players make the site the most money. Question, why haven't some good hearted people started some poker site that rakes 2% with a max rake of $.25 it would take a little while to get going, but the site would be super popular (conceivably 50% or more of the players winning, who would play anywhere else?) I've found I make a comparative killing at Hollywood (compared to low limit at crypt and party) (rarely stud games over 4/8) since the lower limit stud's (and Holdem) rake is capped at 1 small bet and the site's max is $3. And varrience in those games is noticeable smaller (comparatively) too, since I'll win, on average in the neighborhood of 1 15 bb pot per hour I make .5 BBs more per hour just by not having to pay the extra rake.

Whining about rake back is a good thing and doing something about it really good (like playing other places), we make money for the sites (we hand it right over) and they need to entice us to play. If you're not earning some type of bonus you're no different from a fish. Just because you can win money at a table doesn't mean you're not giving up +EV spots for -EV or just less +EV which is the same.