Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: adolf hitler, i mean andrew jackson\'s

[ QUOTE ]
face is on our currency. in school we learn about the good things he did to make our country stronger and how he was going to hang his VP from the first tree he could find, and the teacher will also read the small paragraph at the buttom with talks about his negative actions against the indians (it leaves out some of the more cute tidbits like how he used to wear clothing made from the indians bodies, etc)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for pointing that out. I just went outside and burned all my $20 bills in protest. I feel like a new man, and I'm sure I will be able to sleep better tonight. I now can't afford to eat, but I will be able to sleep.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:07 PM

What makes him Adolf Hitler? Those same textbooks you read also conditioned you to believe Hitler was the worst person ever to live. Society then has cultured you to associate anything bad with Hitler.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:12 PM

How many presidents have we had that were actually "GOOD" people? How many modern-day CEOs and world leaders are actually "GOOD" people? I mean good like sunday-school teacher "GOOD?" Perhaps u could argue Jimmy Carter but not many others come to mind. Who do you want us to put on the currency? Necessary evils are what made this country the powerhouse that it is. These men were the movers and shakers that built america and even if they are burning in hell right now they are the right people to put on the currency. They are american history, even if they were unethical or unjust.

Indy
Old 09-28-2005, 03:42 PM

You avatar [censored] sucks.

BTW I'm at 48th and College- where are you?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:37 PM

I'm pretty sure I should feel all outraged or whatever over the treatment of indians so many years ago but I just don't. Anyone else?