Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Bankroll rush. Do you crush low stakes? Excuse my silliness

I think i could do 1,000$- 10,000$ in a week > 50% of the time. I might be wrong, and i think it would be very close to 50% of the time that i did it, and most of the other times i'd bust/close to bust early.

If i wanted to hit 10,000$ >95% of the time, i think i'd need about 3 weeks.

I may be way off, curious as to what others think.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:46 PM

I think you're way off. lots of luck involved in things this short term (depending on how many hands a week is)
Old 11-18-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think i could do 1,000$- 10,000$ in a week > 50% of the time. I might be wrong, and i think it would be very close to 50% of the time that i did it, and most of the other times i'd bust/close to bust early.

[/ QUOTE ]

10k-1k= 9k, 9k/ 100 hours (brutal, more than 14 hours per day) = $90 per hour. Pretty tough, but if you can massively multitable (like 15-20 tables)at each limit you'll avoid going bust a lot of the time.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:06 PM

I would argue that the average winrate of the big game at the Bellagio is zero, ignoring time charge considerations.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

does this mean you're making more than $10,000/wk now?
Old 11-18-2005, 01:31 PM

I think I could make 10k at 200NL in a month 90% of the time at least(6abling , 25 hours a week). I would probably play 100 hours which is about 500x100 = 50k hands. With winrate little above 5PTBB. Now 50k hands is quite a big sample in SSNL I think its very doable for most 5/10 and up winning players as 5PTBB/100 winrate is not exactly an achievment at SSNL.
Also my guess is that Durrr make 100k+/month now, at least from what Ive seen lol.

EDIT: I missed that starting bankroll is only 1k in this case it would require some grinding at 100NL first. I think I still would do it in 100hours though.

Best wishes
Old 11-18-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if you're serious there, your tone seems sarcastic but I may be wrong. Anyhow, I'm just looking for some kind of consensus or disagreement about how higher stakes playesr view lower stakes. DO they present no challenge after playing higher stakes, or are they difficult in a different way? Isn't it true that if you play exactly the same way at 50 NL as you do at 2000 NL, you probably won't even win? And that the same should go for playing a 50 NL game at 2000 NL (more obviously) ?

So are they different environments?

What about the 2nd question? Have some fun, do some math, what do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]They are difficult in their own way. I found it somewhat hard to be honest playing low stakes NL (I never played it before I played high stakes nl cash). People there just play so absurdly it's hard to put people on hands. If I played the same way at 2000 NL at 50NL, I'd be a HUGE loser in the 50NL. I'm not sure, but I think BASIC strategy is to nut peddle (TPTK) and value bet at low stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the basic strategy at 10/20? I'm not claiming to have all of the answers, but i do see some 10-15vpips at 10/20 making money.. Looks like nut peddling to me.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:07 PM

See the thing is you would be moving up stakes rather liberally during this week. So your expected "50%" chance of busting early isn't just in the first stages of your quest but nearly every time you advance in stakes. So instead you are really having multiple 50/50 chances to bust move up within the week, meaning your odds of accomplishing your goal is less than 50%. You could always drop down if you lose a little bit at one level but then you run into the time constraints of your quest.

I know you are a good player durrr but I think a more accurate percentage for accomplishment of this goal would be more like 17-25% of the time.

Just my thoughts.