Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Re: 60k in 60 days sorta

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
to say the goal is completely out of my control is such an incorrect comment, but that should be obvious for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Do you completely misunderstand why it is absurd or are you just being difficult? I hope its the latter.

Here's my hypothetical challenge:

I just got a new job where my employer decides what he wants to pay me each day on a whim. Some days he'll pay me 1k, other days $30, and even other days maybe he'll ask me to pay him money because he feels I did lousy job (he's the boss). I have no idea before work what I will make for that day. All I can do is show up and hope he pays me.

My Goal: To make 60K in 2 months.

sigh

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a boss exactly like that, but he also told me that the more hours I make, and the more effort I put into it, the more he will pay me on average!

My boss also said that if you play SNG's for 60 days seriously, you have played many thousands, so your ROI would be pretty close to your 'actual' ROI. So the money you make isn't that random at all!

Yes my boss is so clever... [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
(did I just screw up the metaphor [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ?)

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you told him you need to make 60k in 60 days, what would his response be?

Ok, Ill abandon the stupid metaphor.

The only thing a money challenge insinuates to me is that either:

1. You don't normally play optimally and now you are deciding to do so.

or

2. You have decided to play MORE than usual over this period which really is not that interesting and should be framed in terms of quantity played...because thats really what we are talking about here.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days. When do we start and are we going to start a new thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level? Do you think making 5 times what you have just made is as absurd as the rest of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to think about that reply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh do elaborate! As much as I love mysteries, I have to know what the hell you are talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, correct me if I'm wrong here (i'm tired [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), but:

He says he wants to join the challenge and make $12,000 in 60 days and would like to know when the thing starts.

Then you say it would be absurd to try to make 5 times as much as he just did.

Something went wrong there.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:28 PM

irie said its out of my control, so now everyone on the forum will make awful attempts to repeat his comments in long drawn out awful analogies that make equally little sense.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days. When do we start and are we going to start a new thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

At what level? Do you think making 5 times what you have just made is as absurd as the rest of us?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhhh do elaborate! As much as I love mysteries, I have to know what the hell you are talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, correct me if I'm wrong here (i'm tired [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), but:

He says he wants to join the challenge and make $12,000 in 60 days and would like to know when the thing starts.

Then you say it would be absurd to try to make 5 times as much as he just did.

Something went wrong there.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, gotcha. I read this - "I'm up for $12,000 in 60 days" as the past tense, thinking he was up 12k in the last 60 days.

Thanks for the correction.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:32 PM

i want to make 60k in 60 "playing" days, i have clearly defined what a playing day is, i dont want to play 329492349 SnGs. i want to make $60,000.00, thats why it is the challenge and not a quantity of SnGs, if you dont think its a "challenge" or a good one at that thats fine, but this is what it is, take it or leave it.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be a jackass.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i want to make 60k in 60 "playing" days, i have clearly defined what a playing day is, i dont want to play 329492349 SnGs. i want to make $60,000.00, thats why it is the challenge and not a quantity of SnGs, if you dont think its a "challenge" or a good one at that thats fine, but this is what it is, take it or leave it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you must post this kind of challenge, at least try to be honest with posting results.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be a jackass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aah.. I come in peace! lol I didn't mean to be such a jackass. Please forgive me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

lol, i will send you my poker tracker database at the end, is that good?

Maybe freemoney is a great player. I've no idea. I do know that 60K in 60 days is pretty damn hard to do. There are probably only a handful of players in this forum capable of this. Curtains, raptor, fiery justice, couple others I'm forgetting. And of those three, fiery appears to be the only one who would play enough.

In summation, whatever.